Thursday, December 15, 2011

Happenings in December - Ah Li San Porridge Session + Guinness Live Yong Wei vs Siling

Sunday 11/12/11

On a Sunday evening, I have a meetup session with my blogger friends for dinner. We made our way down to Ah Li San Porridge which is located at Kovan, best known for its Teochew Muay.

The stall is highly recommended by Jess, we decided to try it out. We ordered a few dishes and share it together.

Blogger's habit. We love snapping pictures at all time.

From left to right: William, Yong Wei, me, Jess, Valentine.

Having a simple dinner together with your friends can be an enjoyable affair too - sharing your thoughts and jokes, laughing out loud together.

As the night is still young, we headed over to Nex for another round of dessert.

Peanut beancurd with tang yuan.
Well, the flavour is rather special. I think I would still preferred the original one.

Was in my simple wear and no makeup. This is also how I looked like back in school days, T-shirt, shorts and slipper is the icon.

That's how I spend my Sunday night, spending quality time with friends.


Thursday 15/12/11

Headed down to Firefly after I departed with Steffi. It took me like 1 hour to travel from City Hall to Orchard. The train service at red line is down,there is no train service. Omg, that is the first time I'm experiencing such encounter. But nevertheless, I'm still on time for Guinness Live to lend my support Yong Wei.

 Meet up with GF and walked over to Marriot Hotel.

What is Guinness Live without a glass of Guinness beer?

With the usual. I'm sure you will find them familiar.
I personally find that Firefly is a nice chill out place for drinks with friends.

The 2 contestants - Yong Wei and Siling with their mentors.

First up is Yong Wei from Dragonfly, bringing 纸飞机.

It's a month since I last saw his performance and he definitely improved on it. He is not as nervous as before and more actions can be seen. His dressing had also improved after being told off the other time. He even had his tie on. Good job.

Next up is Siling from Firefly, with the song 一只小雨伞.

This is one of the Hokkien songs that I liked, a song that I loved singing with my friends.
Siling has sang the Hokkien song well, lifted up the atmosphere of the club.

Last round, Yong Wei sang the song 朋友.

We were joking about at below, saying that he should had state that the song is dedicated to us before he sang.

The PK result.Siling has won the round. Congratulations!

Yong Wei has improved a lot too. I'm sure with more practice, he will strive even better. Jiayou!

Mingle around after the performance ended, it's time for our sharing and catch up session. Have a great laugh over all the stuffs only we understand. Lol. Good friends are the people who understand what the joke is all about when other people don't.

3 comments:

  1. So you like the original ones, why? Then, do you eat the original 'Tang Yuan' today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Luporti: Waa, the peanut beancurd really taste weird. Couldn't finish it.
    Yea, my mum had handmade some tang yuan :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh? Taste weird and couldn't finish it? So serious? It tastes so so so so WEIRD?

    ReplyDelete