Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Looking back at 2013

Another year has gone by, a fresh new year is here.

It is time for my yearly reflection on what I had done in 2013. I felt that I had grown up a little and become more matured in my thinking. Back then when I was younger, having fun was all that's all that matters to me. Now that I am getting older and older, I begin to think about what do I want to achieve in my life before I hit my big 3 and how should I go about to achieve my goals.

Yeah, so for 2014, this will be what I am concentrating on.

All right, back to the topic of looking back at 2013. Has 2013 been a great year to you?

Well, for me, although 2013 is not my favourite year among the previous, but it has been a decent year for me. Now let me share with you some of my favourite moments of 2013:

January 2013

Launch of Samsung Mobile PIN‏ with SKarf and Olivia Ong.

Click here to read my post.

A star-struck night where I got to take photos and getting upclose with Samsung’s celebrity ambassadors, K-Pop girl group SKarf and Olivia Ong. This was really a rare opportunity where we could take photos with them. They were really friendly in person. 

Feburary 2013

Lunar 15th of the month: Yuan Xiao Jie.

Click here to read my post.

Chinese New Year festive celebration is everybody's favourite where you have a great family gathering with relatives. Chinese New Year is the only period where everyone will gather together and get engaged in family involvement.

Gambling is one of the entertainment that people look forward during Chinese New Year. Be it poker cards, mahjong or dice. New year brings in new luck, it symbolises a prosperity start. Huat ar!

March 2013

My glory moment - MINDEF Committee of Supply 2013.

Click here to read my post.

For the first time ever, my name was being mentioned in an Official Release by MINDEF.  

During the speech by Senior Parliamentary Secretary for Defence and National Development, Dr Mohamad Maliki Bin Osman, there is a paragraph on Singaporeans support for NS which help to strengthen commitment to defence and I was being mentioned. Below is the paragraph quoted from the speech:

"it is also encouraging to see Singaporeans driving initiatives which help to strengthen commitment to defence. Some of you may have watched Jack Neo's films Ah Boys to Men and Ah Boys to Men 2. The films struck a chord in many Singaporeans with their candid portrayal of Army life, becoming the highest-grossing Singapore films of all time. This sentiment was vividly captured by Ms Heng Shu Qing, who wrote after watching the first instalment that "Ah Boys to Men tells a story that will touch the heart of every Singaporean. It is not merely just a laugh but to remind us that our independence did not come by so easily. So love our land and never take it for granted." We look forward to more such initiatives, which bring richness to our NS story and underscore the public's support for NS."

I did not expect writing a short view about the movie, Ah Boys to Men, would actually mean so much. Seriously, words can't describe how happy I am.

April 2013

The Imperial Body Spa at Chinois Spa.

Click here to read my post.

I had a good spa experience at Chinois Spa with the jacuzzi soak and a soothing full body massage. It soothed my body and de-stress my muscle aches. It helped to relieve the anxiety.

Life is not just about work. We should take some time off for relaxation and rejuvenate ourselves.

May 2013


A Trip to Singapore Zoo.

 Click here to read my post.

The last time I went to zoo was like nearly 10 years ago and zoo is one of places of attraction that I really want to visit again. I also met up with my childhood friend, Jessie, after a long time. Both of us had way to much things to catch up and update on. It was a fulfilling trip.

June 2013

Crab Feast @ PARKROYAL Plaza Brasserie‏.

Click here to read my post.

Dinner at Plaza Brasserie was always so enjoyable. Loved hanging out with my awesome friends for dinner, we had so much to talk about everytime we met.
Great food + great companion = awesome!

Thanks Karen for having us (:

June 2013

SHINE Youth Festival Bash 2013‏ @ Universal Studios Singapore.

Click here to read my post.

Wow, this was already my third year participating in SHINE Youth Festival. This festival has encouraged youths to act on their passions and champion causes for the community. I truly enjoyed myself that night and I am grateful for it. It was the most meaningful SHINE event that I attended.

August 2013

B.A.P Live on Earth Singapore Concert @ The Star Theatre.

Click here to read my post.

The Korean Wave has conquer the world. Many of us are addicted to it, I am no exception. It's been a super long time since I last attend a kpop concert. Thanks F&N Sparkling Drinks for the tickets.
The boys just literally melt my heart.

I had a great 2 hours with the boys. B.A.P had put up a wonderful performance, congratulations to the boys for the success in their first world tour. Hope that I have the chance to see the boys again.

September 2013

Big Bang's Concert at 2013 Formula 1 (F1) Singtel Singapore Grand Prix Day 1.

Click here to read my post.

I had been counting down day and night for this date to arrive. It will be my first time watching Big Bang live performance. This was my first time waiting for 4 hours before the start of the concert. I was there rather early in order to get inside fan zone.

Upon seeing the boys. I could feel the 4 hours of waiting immediately paid off. I was charmed by their action. G Dragon, TOP, Taeyang, Daesung and Seungri rocked my night.

What I like about Big Bang is their b-boy look, their music talent, infectious tracks and high energy stage performances. I really love attending concert and watching the performance live.

October 2013

Sentosa Spooktacular 2013 Media Preview Night.

Click here to read my post.

This marked my second year to Spooktacular. This year, we wre being transported into the world of Thai Horror movies. The five haunted trails were inspired by GTH’s most horrifying movies – Coming Soon, Shutter, Dorm, Pee Mak and Body.

Instead of watching the horror movies on screen, we experienced the trigger of all five senses of sight, smell, sound, touch and the dry taste of fear experienced by our human body.


The six of us had survived through the haunted trails together. So glad to have each other companion throughout the five trails.

I must say this is the most fearful Halloween that I had ever been to, I had never scream so much before in my entire life. The haunted trails are really spine chilling. Despite being the most scary one, it is also the best Halloween that I have attended. The satisfaction I get after surviving through the series of horror movies were priceless.

November 2013

A short getaway to Universal Studios Singapore (USS)

Click here to read my post.

After hearing so many views of others on USS, I was tempted to visit USS and experience it myself.

Revenge of the Mummy was the most memorable ride that I had tried. To me, the scariest part was not the part where we were being pull back but the part where we zoomed down. It was mind blowing. The speed was hell fast then expected and I was screaming away during this part. But nevertheless, it was still an awesome ride.

I really had a great time spent at USS, it was an unforgettable experience for me. The rides were really good and I feel like sitting them again. I wish to go back again for more rides and more photo taking.

December 2013

The Manhattan FISH MARKET's New Menu Food-tasting Session.

Click here to read my post.

The Manhattan FISH MARKET had unveiled a new menu and I was invited to try their new menu food tasting session.

My favourite dish was Quad Delight,. The fried country mushroom and fried calamari were served piping hot and they were fried till perfection. Every bite was delicious and it made me want to have more.

Thank you The Manhattan FISH MARKET for the wonderful dinner and great service rendered. I can't wait to visit again for more.

***

So this sum up some of my favourite highlights of 2013. 
Hope 2014 will be a great and exciting year for me.

Goodbye 2013, hello 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...