Friday, January 17, 2014

Press Screening of How I Live Now

TGIF!

I began my weekend with a movie screening at GV Plaza. Haha, this was my third time coming to Plaza Singapura this week. I was here the previous two visits trying to fix my phone. Having some problems with my phone, it couldn't read my SIM card. As such, I couldn't call, sms and use my data network. I need to change a new phone soon, so for the time being, I am using NS phone. If you need to find me, please only sms or call me.

Back to the topic, I was here at GV Plaza for the preview movie screening of How I Live Now. My first movie in the year 2014.

Cast: Saoirse Ronan, Tom Holland, Anna Chancellor 
Director: Kevin Macdonald 
Genre: Drama 
Language: English 
Release Date: 23 January 2014 
Running Time: 101 minutes
Rating: M18
My Rating: 3/5


See the trailer here.

Set in the near-future UK, Ronan plays Daisy, an American teenager sent to stay with relatives in the English countryside. From the airport to the road, military soldiers were everywhere, military vehicles and war planes could be seen.

Initially withdrawn and alienated, Daisy is reluctant to join her cousins in their activities. There was a voice in her head telling her to join them. Slowly, she begins to warm up to her charming surroundings.

She had striked up a romance with the eldest and handsome cousin, Eddie(George MacKay). It is not easy to be in love at the wrong time where you don't know what would happen to you tomorrow. As such, they cherished every moment they had together.

Their happiness was ruined when the UK falls into a violent, chaotic military state. The army started to target the civilians, sending them to the labour camps. The boys and girls were separated from then. They promised each other they will find the way back here no matter what.

The story behind is a little touching. It shows how the teenage Daisy with the power of love, managed to overcome all obstacles and her strong will lead her back to home. It also shows how a war could cruelly take away the lives of our loved ones and torn us apart from our families and friends.

Good show, nice countryside scenery and remarkable casts. If you are thinking about which movie to watch during your dates or when going out with friends, do consider How I Live Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...