Saturday, October 18, 2014

Family Gathering and Dinner at Century Village

Finally, we come to the last day of our family gathering with our China's relatives. They have been in Singapore for almost a week and they will be flying back to China the next day noon. So our plan for that day was to have a family gathering at my uncle's house, followed by a dinner.

My 小叔 has tabao the local delicacy for our lunch. They are roti prata, bee hoon, rojak, fried carrot cake, char kway teow, curry puff and etc.

Everyone was eating and chit chatting away happily.

My relatives from China still prefer eating porridge for their meal. They are not really used to eating our local food.

More photos of my family:


The cute pie was out to greet everyone.
Here's a photo of cute pie with uncle. So glad that my uncle was feeling all right after one day of rest. All of us were so worried for him.

With my 姑姑.
Thanks Kai Pin for the photo.

My turn to carry Aiden.
Aiden likes to carry him and walk around, he dislikes sitting down in his pram. He is at the stage where he likes to put everything in his mouth to discover the taste and texture of everything, including my hair.

We drove to Bedok Industrial Park to have our dinner at Century Village Eating House.

We split ourselves into 2 big tables

Ordered my all-time favourite drink, lime juice. I was surprised that it comes in a bottle form with a sour plum in it. It tasted refreshing with a strong sour taste.

Some of the common zi char dishes we have ate.

My ah ma with her great-grandchild. 
Aiden belongs to our fourth generation.

Before we parted all, we took a group photo. Here's a family portrait of mine.
I hope my relatives from China have an enjoyable time in Singapore. Because of their arrival, it also provide us an opportunity to meet up among our family. Usually we only see each other on special occasion like lunar new year, grandma's birthday, lunar seventh month and wedding. But for this week, I met up with them almost everyday. It helped us to bond even closer.

I love my family ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment