Sunday, June 28, 2015

Happenings in June - Dinner gathering + iDarts + Night Safari

Wednesday 17/6/15

I have a simple dinner gathering with friends whom I had not seen for ages. Though we had not meet for a long time, there is never a moment of awkwardness when we met. Seeing old friends made me feel warm and comfort, we reminisced the old good times, be it studying or walking home together.

With le bff, enjoying our hearty dinner at Skinny Pizza. 
This was my second visit to Skinny Pizza.

We ordered Wild Truffled Mushroom Pizza, recommended by YC. He used to work in Skinny Pizza so he was familiar with all the food served here.

The English Breakfast pizza. 
The pizza was toppled with smoked bacon, sunny side-up egg, roasted Roma tomatoes and mixed mushrooms on a roasted Neapolitan-style tomato sauce.

Our dinner will not be complete without dessert. We headed down to 記得吃 Ji De Chi at B2. We ordered 3 desserts to share among the 6 of us. My choice of selection was chendol snowy ice.

Green tea snowy ice.

We have so much things to catch up on and we could have go on for many more hours if it wasn't a working day the next day. Oops and also we have a Cinderella in our group who need to be home by 11pm. Let's arrange for another meetup soon again.

Thursday 18/6/15

That day was a hectic day for me. We had a in-house chillout session in the evening and we were busy preparing for it the entire day. We went out to purchase liquors, soft drinks, tibits and ordering McDonald delivery.


2 buckets of wines and Hoegaarden beers. We bought the buckets at Daiso. 
Glad that it was over.

Friday 19/6/15

TGIF! So happy when come to Friday. It's time for us to have a good rest after a long tiring week.
My events have become lesser nowadays, so I use my free time to meet up with friends for catch up and lepak around.

Our favourite place of meetup is Vivo City because Grace always ended her work late. By the time she ended work, it has past 8pm. To make things convenient for her, we always scheduled our meetup at Vivo or HarbourFront.


We have our dinner at Kim Gary. I haven't been coming here for years. I ordered one of the western set and it comes with a creamy soup.

Our la kopi and teh session began.

My pork chop and chicken chop set. You can select either fries, spaghetti or rice. I opt for fries.
Kim Gary was preparing for their closing off and we left the restaurant at 9.30pm. We decided to find another place for chit chatting.

McDonald has come up with a new McFlurry flavour: Banana Chocolate McFlurry.
CL has wanted to try it out. It tasted like vanilla ice-cream with a hinge of banana taste. 

I decided to go for Oreo McFlurry. My all time favourite.

So happy to see Maggie again. You still looked the same like the last time I saw you. 

I really enjoyed the time spent with these brunch of people. We felt contented even if we are not eating expensive food or finding special activity to do. We are happy with just spending quality time together. No more just meeting up once a year because I am going to organise it often.

Wednesday 24/6/15

Met up with le bff again after one week. We met up to play darts this time round.

Jessie, JH and I were the earliest so we went for dinner at Telok Blangah Crescent. YK was supposed to meet us too but we couldn't contact him, he didn't picked up our calls. Since his house was just a few blocks away, we decided to pay a surprise visit to his house. It turned up that he was just awoke, he got a shock when he saw us. In order not to shock him further, we went to the playground below his house to wait for him there instead.

Some kiddo enjoying at the playground.

After YK came down, we went to iDarts at Mount Faber Safra.
This was my first time playing darts. Met many of my friends there. There are 2 pros in my group, they even have their own darts.

The darts provided by iDarts.

iDarts is a bar like place, you can order beer, vodka and other alcoholic drinks. But this isn’t the usual club scene with just upbeatmusic, drinks, and people mingling around. With the dart machines, we can enjoy the happy teamwork and enjoyable moments with friends over lively darts games.
 
It was really a fun and addictive games. It creates unforgettable fun times for all of us. I have hit BULLSEYE a couple of times, so happy. No wonder the guys always love coming to play darts, I'm sure we will have more of these session again. Such gathering gives me strength to stay endure till weekend.

Saturday 27/6/15

Meeting le bff the second time in a week. What can we do on a Saturday night other than drinking?
So I decided to plan a sight-seeing outing trip to Night Safari. Night Safari was established since 1994. I have never been there before so I called along my spontaneous bff.

After an hour of ride, here we were at Night Safari. My goodness, it was super crowded that night. The queue to the entrance was so long then it stretched beyond the gift shop.

Upon entering, the first stop that we went was tram station. That is the best way to begin your exploration.

The tram ride was about half an hour long, it travelled deep into the domain of the world’s most fascinating nocturnal animals. The tram ride was inclusive with the tickets.

 We enjoyed our tram ride very much. It put us in the best seat to observe the nocturnal animals in their specially lit enclosures. We came upclose with some of the animal, it’s a sensory adventure. I only have this photo during my entire half an hour ride, it was too dark to capture any photo and flash photography may blind these animals.

After the tram ride, we then queue to wait for the animal show which began at 9.30pm.

Creatures of the Night Show.
The show was approximately 20 minutes. It brings together a constellation of our nocturnal superstars who will thrill you with their natural and unique behaviours and skills.

JJ, me, Jessie and JH.
After the show, it's time to begin our walking trails. A pity we didn't manage to cover all the trails. We left Night Safari at 11.15pm. Nevertheless, it was still an unique experience for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment