Thursday, December 3, 2015

20th Asian Television Awards 2015

I am so thankful for having the opportunity to attend 20th Asian Television Awards 2015.
Thanks Luxe Society for giving me a pair of tickets.

Asian Television Awards is the Asian TV industry’s most significant and celebrated event, recognising excellence in programming, production and performance. Launched in 1996, Asian Television Awards is back in 2015 for its 20th show.

I was caught in some stuffs prior to attending, so afraid I couldn't make it on time. Asian Television Awards was a live broadcast on regional TV channels. Hence, if you came after the show started, you will only be let in at the commercial break. So glad that I made it to the venue in the nick of time.

20th Asian Television Awards was held at Suntec City Convention and Exhibition Centre.
The Awards were divided into two days, we were here for the second day.

With my lovely buddies at the award ceremony. Thanks Meryl for the photo and saving a seat for me, and Terence for bringing me in to the show.

Photo credits: Meryl.

Glad that I didn't miss much of the show. Red carpet ceremony coming up next.
Both of us were excited for the show. For me, I was here for the live performance. hehe..

The hosts for red carpet were Munah Bagharib and Max Loong from FLY Entertainment.

Local artistes, Joanne Peh and Chen Han Wei, were among the first to grace the red carpet.
Han Wei brought his lucky black rose out too, may lady luck be with him.

Fangirls screaming when JTR came out. The Swedish boy band was here as performing artiste.

Mimi Chu was up next.
Max asked her if there is any character she has yet to play and like to try. Mimi stunned him by saying that she want to play the role of young and beautiful girl.

Melvin Sia and Pierre Png were among the last to grace the red carpet. 
Pierre was the winner of the best actor in a leading role last year, will he be able to walk away with the award this year too?

Host of the award ceremony: Joey Mead King and Allan Wu from FLY Entertainment.

Tosh Zhang and Wang Weiliang together with Thai Actress, Karnklao "Grace" Duaysienklao, presenting the award for Best Reality Show Award.

Throughout the award ceremony, the audience were being treated to an impressive line up of performance by international artistes.

First up, Anggun from Indonesia.

Anggun is a Indonesian and French singer-songwriter. She brought us the song 'Saviour', the soundtrack from the film <Transporter 2>.

Swedish boy band, JTR, took the stage next.

JTR is the initial letters of their names John, Tom and Robin. The three brothers rose to fame from The X Factor Australia 2013.

The boys were very energetic. 
 They performed their single 'Centre of Everywhere'.

Pierre Png and Joanne Peh are presenters at the Asian Television Awards.

The third performing artiste, Jeff Chang from Taiwan.

He is definitely one of my favourite singers. He never fail to captivate me with his sentimental love songs. Jeff Chang serenaded the audience with two songs from Asian television dramas. The first song was '爱你没错' from Chinese drama <Swords of Legends>.

I loved this song very much, I finished watching the chinese drama too.

The second song was a song that everyone was familiar with, the Mandarin version of 'My Destiny', the soundtrack from Korean drama <My Love from the Star>.

When Jeff Chang sang 'My Destiny', the audience switched on their mobile phone torch and waved with the melody. I'm sure Jeff Chang saw lots of stars waving at him.

Photo credits: Meryl

Selfie during commercial break. We totally enjoyed Jeff Chang's performance, so awesome.

The main highlight of the night was definitely the performance by Korean girl group, Secret.
I'm a big fan of kpop, I was feeling thrilled to have the opportunity to watch the girls performing live. Secret performed two songs as well. The first song was 'I’m In Love', a song that was released last year.

Pretty Hyoseong. She is also the leader of Secret.

Secret charmed the audience with dance moves that drew the loudest cheers.
 Secret made their debut in 2009, they are in their 6th years.

Sunhwa, Jieun, Hyoseong and Hana.

Who is your bias?
For me, my favourite is Jieun.
Sun
Secret performing the second song, 'Love Is Move'.
Two song are definitely not enough, pls come back to Singapore soon again for more performances.

Last but not least, congratulations to all the winners. Proud to say that Asia got Talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment