Sunday, December 13, 2015

Family Gathering at Warong Kim's Seafood

It was a drizzling Sunday afternoon, my family made our way to my 小叔 house before heading down to our family gathering venue which was near his place. I haven't been to my 小叔 house for a long time, probably more than 10 years. Why does time pass so fast when we get older? Is it because we have more commitments as we grow older and these things keep us occupied???

Okay, enough questioning. Let's get to the topic.

Here we were at our dinner venue - Pasir Ris Town Park. 
My first time here. Frankly speaking, I hardly travel to the east.

The town park ha a big pond for park visitors to fish. All you need to do is to come with your own rods or rent one from the fishing shop. The shelters and shady trees around the pond make the park a conducive environment for relaxation, it's a nice place to chill out. My only gripe is that the town park is so far away from my house.

My uncle booked 3 tables for 24 of us at Warong Kim's Seafood, we have a small private space all to ourselves for our 11 course dinner. Here we go:

Fried fish skin.
Absolutely crispy and tasty, leave me wanting for more.

Sambal Kang Kong.

Fish Maw Soup.
My mum loves the soup, fish maw is good source of collagen.

Braised Seafood Beancurd in Claypot.

Sweet & Sour Sea Bass

BBQ Stringray.
The sambal sauce was toppled on the stringray which added flavour to the dish.

Fried Asparagus with Scallops.
Not really a veggie fan, so I just eat the scallops.

Salted Egg Prawns.
This was my favourite. I was indulged in the bursting flavour of salted eggs that was infused in the prawn, every mouth tasted delicious.

Crispy Thai Sauce Chicken.
By then, everyone was already feeling full . We still have one last dish waiting for us.

Chilli Crab.
The local delicacy that won everyone's heart. What I like about this is the spicy broth. So hot and shiok.

Paired it together with the fried mantou. 
The mantou was pretty addictive to me. Though I was super full, I can manage to eat 2 mantou. I could still finish it if there were leftover.

End off the post with a photo of Aiden, he is now one and half years old. The cute pie has grown up a little since we saw him the last time.

It was a hearty dinner, thanks 小叔 for the treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment