Saturday, July 30, 2016

Happenings in July - Shaolin + Birthday

Friday 22/7/16

Began my weekend watching a spectacular SHAOLIN show at MasterCard Theatres, It has been a very long time since I last went to MasterCard Theatres for a show. I was elated to be back here, thanks Luxe Society for the tickets.

Feeling excited for the show.

Brought Jasmine along with me for the show. 

Shaolin Kung Fu is a traditional Chinese martial arts, developed by Shaolin temple in Henan.
Now, we got to witness the the ultimate traditional Shaolin Kung Fu in the display of theatre and physical prowess. 

Started from the Shaolin temple in the foothill of the Song Shang mountain range in the China's Henan province, the 20 member cast performed incredible "superhuman" feats, making an exciting return to demonstrate the authentic martial art expertise.

The show combined traditional Shaolin Kung Fu choreography with dramatic lighting and sound, bringing the traditional performance to a whole new level.

Some of the performance got us amazed, especially the use of knife, sword, spar and bricks, demonstrating their qi gong.

Personally I think there is still room for improvement for the storyline. I couldn't understand the whole story or couldn't see the link between the story and the performance. But I do enjoy the martial arts performance.


Saturday 30/7/16

Gosh, I am another year older and hopefully I am also another year wiser. Can't believe time passed so fast and I'm going to hit my big 3 very soon. Hopefully I will have some achievements by then.

This was how I spent my day:

姑姑 dropped by my house the day before and got me some cakes from Bengawan Solo. Thanks for the sweet gesture, 姑姑 always shower me with lots of love ♥

I ate the fruit cake before I headed out to meet my girls.

Met up with the girls at 3.30pm to spend our afternoon at The 50 Cents Fest. The fest was held at Chinatown Food Street starting from 3pm onwards. We thought we were early but many people were even earlier than us and long snake queues were forming at every stalls. 50 cents food clearly attracted many here. 

The 50 Cents Fest transported us back to 1950/60s of Singapore's street hawker scene.

Why 50 cents for the dish?
This is because back in the olden days, the value of a 50 cent coin was enough for a sumptuous meal, the endearing phrase “50 cents is bigger than a bull cart wheel” will ring true at The 50 Cents Fest.

We decided to try rickshaw noodles as the queue was the fastest.

Rickshaw noodle was one of the staple food you can find back in the olden days of Singapore. It was a popular food choice of rickshaw pullers.
It consists of yellow noodles, vegetables and minced meat, they were cooked in a big pot. 

We have a bowl of cheng teng too, I must say the ingredients given were generous.

Reminisce the old good times with old good friends - Jas and GF.
Over the last 4-5 years, we built up our friendship and still stay strong even when our friendship were put to test.

Thanks Jas for the group photos.

Eve though Ryden didn't join us today, he has specially prepared egg mayo for us to eat. He personally prepared the mayo sauce and eggs. That's so nice of him.

Kelvin and GF brought us to Geylang lorong 32 for ban bian.
This place is famous for their ban bian and indeed the best ban bian that I ever eat. I like the soup base very much. Decided to try the dry ban bian since I have never try before.

After the dinner, we headed over to Jas's new home for a cosy movie night gathering.

Knowing that it was my birthday, Jas went to buy me a mango cake and have a mini celebration at her home. My friends are so sweet (:

Thanks girls for making your time for me.
I don't need a big celebration, I prefer it to be a small and cosy one.

That concluded our day, thanks Jas for hosting us.

No comments:

Post a Comment