Friday, October 21, 2016

Happenings in October - Sample Store Tea Session + Allen and Karen's Wedding Lunch + Tonkotsu Kazan

Saturday 1/10/16

Began my October with meetup session with my lovely friends.

Met up with GF and Jas for a visit to Sample Store office at Paya Lebar. Sample Store has held a mini tea session to share with us about the revamp website and unveiling of the October special.

Sample Store has a very nice and cosy pantry area where the staff can laze around during lunch hours for a quality time spent with colleagues.

I love this particular corner very much, so cosy. The bird cage like sofa.
Never know that I can find such a relaxing ambience inside an office.

With my bestie - Jas and GF.
Jas shared with us a great news, so happy for her (: 

I have a joyful afternoon spent with the girls, so much things to share with each other.
With them around, it made the event more enjoyable as it become a gathering session for us.

Domino pizza and Vitacoco for our tea break.
Thanks Sample Store for having this mini tea session. We enjoyed ourselves at this session.

After the session, we parted to continue with our own activities.
I headed over to VivoCity to meet up with another buddy of mine.

I'm back to Vivo for pokemon catching again.
It's already 2 months since the release of pokemon go and I am still playing it. Pokemon go still going on.

Selfie is a must when I head out.

Been craving for prata as I didn't had it for a long time, so I suggested to have our dinner at Seah Im Food Centre. The Indian Muslim stall has a variety of prata that we can choose from. I have chicken sausage and egg prata.

Despite feeling full, we still went for dessert. Dinner will never be complete without dessert.
J recommended the mango dessert at Kim Gary. So here we were at Kim Gary.

Mango sago.
My stomach was filled with the greasiness from the prata, I need something sweet and sour to cleanse away this feeling.

I love weekend like this, spending quality time with all my friends. 

Sunday 2/10/16

Attended the first wedding of the year. It's my cousin's wedding. The wedding lunch was held at Concorde Hotel Singapore, a business class hotel located in Orchard Road.

So happy for Allen and Karen. They have been together since their Secondary Schools day for more than 10 years and still as loving as ever. Congratulations on tying the knot!

I haven't been wearing coloured stocking out for a long time. Managed to dig this stocking out to pair it with my heels.

Finally after an hour of waiting, we settled down inside the ballroom.
We were seated at table 1.

The sword bearers were standing in place for the wedding ceremony.
Oh yes, forget to mention, my cousin is from SAF. The military wedding is reserved for Regular Commissioned Officers.

The bride and groom looked so stunning. 
My cousin looked so smart in his No.1 uniform. I always think guys look smart in uniform.

Right after the cake cutting, the first dish was served.
The express cold cut combination comprised of roast pork, spring roll, baby octopus, seaweed prawn roll and jellyfish 

Shortly, the second dish was being served too.
We had the four treasure soup which include dried scallop, crabmeats, prawns and shredded duck.

Wasabi mayonnaise prawns. The wasabi prawns were really choking delicious, the hint of wasabi was not too overwhelming.

Steamed marble goby.

Golden roasted chicken with cracker.
I ate more crackers than the roasted chicken.

The couple had changed into their suit and gown for the wedding toast.
We gave our blessing to the newly wed through the toast.

I actually preferred attending wedding lunch than wedding dinner. During lunch, the food was served very fast and consistently unlike during dinner where one dish could take until to 20-30 minutes to serve. Everything wrapped up before 3.30pm and I have the time to meet my friend for shopping and dessert session after the wedding lunch.

Friday 7/10/16

Pokemon hunting  again at VivoCity.
This time round, more of us joined in and some were playing for the first time. We walked around the mall and caught whatever Pokemon we saw till I finish my bag of pokeball, only left with greatball now.

After an hour or so of catching pokemon, we decided to chill out at Starbucks for a drink and chat. It was a nice bonding time with the team.
I went for my usual choice of white chocolate mocha.

Wednesday 19/10/16
We have our lunch at Just Acia @ Dhoby Ghaut Exchange
I decided to try fish & chips since this is only available in lunch set. It tasted pretty normal.

What I like about Just Acia is their valuable meal set that comes with free flow of drinks and ice-cream.
Here's my pick for the ice-ceam: taro, cookie and cream and sweet corn.
Felt super full after eating the ice-cream, super valuable too, I paid about $8 for the meal.

Friday 21/10/16

Today's lunch was at Tonkotsu Kazan Ramen @ Liang Court.
Tonkotsu Kazan originates from Osaka, Japan, bringing us the most original tastes of food. They are known for their tonkotsu (pork bone) broth and original noodles, served in a volcanic fashion for the burst of flavours.

The ramen was served in a funnel bowl. The jug of soup were then poured in and steam will flow out from the funnel, creating the volcano effect.

You can add the rice into the broth and make it into soupy rice.
The portion was huge, I couldn't finish the rice and ramen. Good to order for sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment