Sunday, March 19, 2017

Singapore Philatelic Museum: Harry Potter Exhibition

I made my first visit down to Singapore Philatelic Museum on a Sunday late afternoon after knowing that there is a Harry Potter exhibition going on.

Not sure if you are aware, I am a huge fan of Harry Potter. I have read all the book series and watched all the movies. I read at least 3 times because the storyline is really fascinating and I wouldn't get bored reading and reading over again. I even purchase some of the books and DVD.

Therefore, knowing about this Harry Potter exhibition, I wouldn't want to give this a miss.

Here I was at Singapore Philatelic Museum.

Spotted this red old postbox in the museum.

Singapore Philatelic Museum displays Singapore's treasure of philatelic materials that range from stamps and archival philatelic material of Singapore from the 1830s to present day, and stamps from member countries of the Universal Postal Union.

Shakespeare's collection.
The English poet, playwright, and actor.

Childhood game: Hopscotch.
I used to play that during my primary school recess time, it really brought back lots of memories.

Travel back to 1960s of Singapore to witness the 50 years of our nation's progress with specially selected stamps, philatelic materials and rarely seen original stamp artworks.

The older days coffeeshop setting.

Marketplace.

Take a look at the 1960s kitchen.

Next, entering the room of.............

Harry Potter Exhibition

Collecting Magic: From Stamps To Wands
Be spellbound by beautiful Harry Potter stamps from all over the world as well as movie memorabilia and collectibles from private collectors.

I first entered the room with the letters filling the door hole.

The letter turned out to be from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry to Harry Potter. He has been accepted into the Hogwarts and his magical journey began.

Reached Platform 9 3/4 at King’s Cross station.
The secret entrance to the train that departs for Hogwarts via the Hogwarts Express. Just run through this secret tunnel and you will reach Platform 9 3/4.

Hogwarts Express, wait for me. I'm coming.

Meet Hedwig, Harry Potter's pet Snowy Owl.

On board Hogwarts Express, I found an empty compartment. 

So comfortable, I don't feel like getting up.
I hope this train can take me away from this place.

The candies and sweet treats that is available at Honeydukes Express Cart. Some of the sweet treats are Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans, Cauldron Cakes, Pumpkin Pasties and etc.

Dobby, the house elf.
The former house elf of the Malfoy family. He made his appearance in Chamber of Secrets.

My OOTD on the Mirror of Erised.
Lazy Sunday outfit.

The wand collection.

You aren't going to pass through the door to the Gryffindor common room without giving The Fat Lady the password.

The school uniform for Gryffindor.
That marked the end of my magical journey with Harry Potter. 

If you are interested in going for this exhibition, the Harry Potter Exhibition will run until 18 June 2017. It's free admission for Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents. Foreign visitor will need to pay a fee of $8 for adult and $6 for child.

Door opens at 10am and closes at 7pm daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment