Monday, January 30, 2017

Bukit Batok Town Park - Little Guilin

I have been wanting to visit Little Guilin or Xiao Guilin for the longest time, a place that is known for its beautiful landscape. So during this long weekend, we made a trip down to Bukit Batok Town Park for a stroll along the park.

The nearest MRT station is Bukit Gombak.

We went in the late afternoon at around 5pm to avoid the scorching sun, turned out the sky was gloomy.

Bukit Batok Town Park resembles Guilin in China, that's how the name Xiao Guilin is derived. The towering rock cliffs make a majestic backdrop to the large lake.

The sight resembles what I always seen on ancient period drama, giving me a fantastic view of the tranquil lake.

Away from the hustle and bustle of the city. 
Little Guilin is more than just a lake, it has a spectacular view to offer.

Embracing what the nature brings us, a moment of peace and serene.
A great retreat for the city dwellers. Many families and joggers were there for a run or stroll too.

We sat on one of the big rocks for quite awhile, trying to achieve relaxed state of mind. This is one of the rare moment where we just sat down doing nothing and enjoy the present moment. We cast our phones aside, away from the internet, except for taking pictures. I really appreciate this because I like it when people give all their attention to the person they are meeting. That's the purpose of meeting up isn't it?
If not, you can just stare at your phone for my updates.

Enjoy the breeze and birds chipping. Life can actually be so idyllic.
I wasn't in a good mood that day, so I appreciate the peace the place has brought to me.

Spending time together before we parted for a month.

I have katsu don and chawanmushi for dinner at Kopitiam.
I was so full that I couldn't finish the rice. 
This meal was also one of my fastest and quiet meal.

It was a bad day for me, I didn't meant it to hurt the people around me. 
I hate myself being like this, I need to learn to control my temper so it won't affect the people around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...