Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Happenings in January - Food Outing + Saizeriya + Let's Meat Up + Shang Pin Hot Pot

Monday 2/1/17

Post-holiday blues. I'm just back from my getaway trip to JB. Thankfully, we still have another day to rest before the start of work in 2017. Ended the last day of my rest day with dinner at Ju Hao Xiao Long Bao.

Ju Hao brings us authentic Northern Chinese fare served in a contemporary Chinese restaurant. This is my first time dining at Ju Hao. Lucky we were early, it get a bit packed during dinner time.

I have pork cutlet fried rice at $11.80++ that makes me feel full. 

With the fun and good food enjoyed over the long weekend, I felt recharged and ready to face work in the new year.

The next public holiday will be Chinese New Year, we will be welcoming the year of Rooster. 20 over more days to go. 

Friday 6/1/17

Made my second visit back to Tsukada Nojo Bijin Nabe 美人鍋 at Chinatown Point.
I have a bowl of Bijin Men Shio ramen, the original flavour of collagen and also the best seller ramen at $16.80++.

It comes with the ramen and ingredients separated. 
We then add the ingredients we like into the broth. I just dump everything into the broth.

The end product.
I love the nourishing collagen soup broth that is good for our skin. The 4 ladies all love it.
I have been feeding myself with all the good food lately. We live to eat.

Saturday 7/1/17

Welcome the first weekend of 2017.
Finally weekend is here again, time to head out and enjoy the day.

Stopped by at Churro 101 for my lunch cum tea break. I didn't want to have something full so Churro 101 is my choice.

Churro 101, It’s a place where everything is better than a boyfriend :D
Wow, that is their slogan.

I ordered the set that comes with Cinnamon churro and vanilla ice cream at a price of $6.20.
The original churro is toppled with Cinnamon Sugar, crispy on the outer and soft on the inner. It was served piping hot. I have an indulgence of hot and cold treat.

Done with the walking at Bugis, we then headed over to Marina Square for a walk and dinner.

Settled our dinner at Collin's again. 
This was my fourth visit to Collin's. I was first introduced to Collin's through a food tasting and I love their food that is price valuable.

I have carbonara. The portion is just nice for me, I finished every bite. Usually I will something here and there, won't be able to finish everything but there is an exception.

Subday 8/1/17

I love how my weekend is packed with activities that keep me busy.

In my causal wear out to VivoCity for dessert and dinner.

We went to our new favourite dessert shop at Honeymoon Dessert.
Black pearl in vanilla sauce with blueberry ice cream. The vanilla sauce complements the blueberry ice cream, they tasted so delicious when consume together.

We have a walk around the outdoor area of VivoCity before heading for dinner.
We have our dinner at Seah Im Food Centre.

I have chicken chop at $6.80 from The Iron Plate, a full and satisfied meal to eat our weekend.

Sunday 15/1/17

Another one more week to the start of a new school semester. Once school starts, I will not be able to fully enjoy my weekend as time needs to be set aside for assignment. Free weekend is important to me and I will try to make it well spent.

We spent our late afternoon roaming around Orchard where we indulged ourselves in delicious food, cravings satisfied. 

We stopped by Cold Stone Creamery @ Orchard Central for a rest and to have a cup of ice-cream. I have a soft spot for ice-cream.

We have Cheesecake Fantasy. This is the best creation I have tried so far.
The cheesecake ice cream was toppled with graham cracker pie crust, blueberries and strawberries. Every bite tasted heavenly delicious.

We then went for an early dinner at 6pm as bf needs to head back early on Sunday. Hence, our Sunday will just be a short 3-4 hours dates as he couldn't meet me early too.

We have our dinner at Saizeriya, a place I haven't been to for a long time. We went to the outlet at Orchard Gateway.

We order 2 appetizer to go with our meal - Chicken Fritto ($3.90) and Baked Asari ($3.90).

For my main course, I have Curry Chicken Baked Rice ($5.90).
The baked rice is a little spicy though, thankfully there is free flow of drinks to ease the spiciness.

We have Panna Cotta ($4.90) for dessert, an Italian classic dessert.
Dinner was $24.50 which was pretty decent, I love dining in places with no service charge and GST. Recommend me more of these places if you know of any.

Monday 16/1/17

It's Monday again, hope the work week will pass fast. 
Looking forward to this weekend because I am heading to JB for last minute CNY shopping and staycation. 

We traveled down to Plaza Singapura for lunch.

Walked past Let's Meat Up at B1 and decided to give it a try.
It is a Japanese restaurant where the main food selection is their charcoal grilled proteins with choice of rice or soba.

I tried on the Grilled Boneless Chicken Leg marinated with Homemade Teriyaki Sauce.
The meat is juicy and portion just nice for me.


Wednesday 18/1/17

Happy mid week. 
Thankfully, it is not a very tough week. In fact, I have an enjoying day today. A day where I am exposed to performing music myself. Usually I only listen and watch band performing, but today I was actually part of the big band performing. It was a nice experience learning different musical instruments and playing the songs.

I was playing the bass guitar. 
Bass is similar to guitar, the only difference is the key played. The key played for bass is pretty low while the key played for guitar is of a higher note.


Monday 23/1/17

This coming weekend is Chinese New Year (CNY), the most important festive in the lunar calendar is here. I have an early CNY celebration with my lunch kakis by having a reunion steamboat lunch at Shang Pin Hot Pot.

We set off to Rendezvous Gallery by Nick's car and arrived Shang Pin Hot Pot.

Since they were 8 of us, we split into group of 4 where 4 person will share 3 soup based together. Our groups were split based on beef and non beef. We selected the soup base of Tomato, Sichuan Spicy and Chicken.

I love tomato soup based the best, Sichuan spicy is too spicy for me.

My ingredients arrived.
Time to start digging.

It was our yearly tradition to have a reunion lunch together.
We always explored around and enjoyed good food together.

**

Feeling full from the lunch, I have late dinner that night at Kopitiam @ Marina Square.

I chanced upon the salted egg chicken rice with egg at Mini Wok stall and decided to try it. The salted egg gravy coated on the chicken was generous, you can taste the salted egg in every piece. 

Bf ordered the curry chicken claypot for sharing.
It was yet another filling meal.

It's not the food we eat that matters, but the person we are eating with.

Tuesday 24/1/17

Dinner at Old People Park food centre that is near Chinatown OG. Lately we love venturing for hawker food.

We ordered xiao long bao for sharing.
I love the xiao long bao here, they were serving piping hot and the broth was tasty.

After the dinner, we went to Mei Heong Yuen Dessert located at Temple Street for some sweet treat.
We ordered Mango with Pomelo & Sago and Mango Roll for sharing.

The month of December and January are the month of festive, the month of good food and gathering. More food hunt posts coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment