Sunday, January 1, 2017

Johor Bahru Day 3: Restoran Ya Wang + Why Him Movie Review

It's the first day of 2017.
Happy new year, everybody.

We woke up at 8 plus again to have our free breakfast buffet provided by the hotel. Feel a little dreading today, it was our last day of our short getaway. We headed down to the restaurant at same timing as yesterday.

We started our day with a nice breakfast provided by the hotel. The eggs were so nice and addictive, we helped ourselves with 2 servings, so yummy.

Other than eggs, I also ate you tiao. 
It is not crispy like the one we have in Singapore.

Went back hotel to rest until check out time.
Pack our barang barang too.

Selfie time.

Dome with packing up.
Time for check out and proceed for our lunch.

I have a comfortable 3D2N stay at New York Hotel. It is decent and clean, a place that I will want to come back and stay again.

Stepping out of our hotel.
Waiting for the car to pick us up.

We traveled down to Jalan Segget which is near JB custom to try out Restoran Ya Wang 鸭皇药材烧腊大王.

A very famous restoran for their duck. It was nearly full house when we reached at 12.30pm.

We had ai yu ice jelly drink recommended by the staff.
The drink was refreshing and ease our thirst. 

We ordered half a duck to share.
I'm not really a fan of herbal but this herbal duck is an exception. The gravy coated gave a savoury taste and the herbal taste was not that overwhelming.

My favourite omelette.
I simply love eating eggs.

Having good food makes me happy.
 Lunch cost about RM67.

Address: 28, Jalan Segget, Bandar Johor Bahru, 80000 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
Opening hours: 8am - 6pm

After lunch, we walked to JB City Square which was around 10 minutes walk. We decided to catch a movie before we went back to Singapore. We were watching 'Why Him' which started at 2.30pm. The movie ticket costs RM18 per person.

During the holidays, loving but overprotective Ned (Bryan Cranston) travels to California to visit his daughter Stephanie (Zoey Deutch) at Stanford University. While there, he meets his biggest nightmare: her well-meaning but socially awkward boyfriend, Laird (James Franco). Even though Laird is a multimillionaire, Ned disapproves of his freewheeling attitude and unfiltered language. His panic level escalates even further when he learns that Laird plans to ask for Stephanie's hand in marriage.

t
'Why Him' is a hilarious and entertaining show. I was laughing all the way from start to end. There is lots of swearing words use. It's about a movie of how the future father-in-law accepts the prospective son-in-law, how they get along and win her father's consent.

It's worth watching for the humour.

Movie rating: 3.5/5

Before I left JB, I got macha and salted egg cheese tarts from Season.
I find it nice when I first tried in at KP's place, so I wanna it for my family to try.

Back to Singapore, I have my dinner at Kopitiam before heading back home.

That goes my 3 days short getaway trip. 
It was my first time away of Singapore during New Year. Back to Singapore for a new beginning. Hope 2017 will be an awesome year, happy 2017.

Can't wait for the next getaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...