Saturday, January 14, 2017

National Museum of Singapore + Eighteen Chefs + Milkcow

Being a working adult in the lion city, stress is inevitable at work. Knowing how to release stress is essential to keep our body physically and mentally healthy. Therefore, it is important to strike a balance between work and life. So I always make it a point to relax myself during weekend whenever time could permit (other than having to rush school assignment or studying).

I began my Saturday with a delicious Mcdwrap from Mcdonald. It's been a long time since I last have a Mcdwrap, I missed it terribly.

Thinking of new places to explore during our weekend, we decided to embark on a museum tour. I wanted to visit all the museums in Singapore, this will keep us occupied for quite a few dates. The first place to visit in my mind was National Museum of Singapore.

I love the architecture of the museum, high ceiling and colonial structure drawn me to keep visiting the museum. The entire place looks so picture worthy. I love coming here again and again.

We then went for "We Built A Nation" exhibition at Stamford Gallery, Level 1. This is permanent galleries in National Museum of Singapore. My last visit to this gallery was way back in 2015.

The exhibition was opened in Singapore’s Golden Jubilee to reflect on our history and the contributions of the pioneer generation of leaders in the early independence years.

The exhibition showcased the story of the first ten years of independence (1965–1975) that shaped Singapore’s history and the important roles played by security and defence.

As we walked through the gallery, it brought back many childhood memories like the home we used to live in.

I also love the iconic colonial structure.

Days when I wanted to be casual and paired up with a high cut sneaker to look for chic.

Caught sight of this beautiful flower when we were on our way down from Fort Canning Park.

Since we were near The Cathay, we decided to have Eighteen Chefs for dinner.
We have ice lemon tea to clench our thirst.

I have salted egg prawn pasta.
The dish gave a summer feel with its bright colour. Every mouthful was exploded with the flavourful salted egg taste.

After dinner, we went to Milkcow to have their dessert. 
They are known for their soft serve in Singapore.

Receiving a good news from GF via whatsapp about her proposal, so happy for her 

We chose cookie & cream and milky cube flavour.
I love the melt in the mouth feeling whether I have ice-cream, I just can't resist them. With the chunks of cookies, it gave a balance of different texture and enrich the flavour.

I always enjoy my dates with bf, going around to explore different places and enjoying all the good food together. That gives the best feeling and a well spent day with love.

Ended my Saturday with our time spent at Singapore Flyer.
Weekend, please be here fast again.

No comments:

Post a Comment