Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Happenings in March & April - Rena's First Birthday + JB Taiwan Nostalgia Cafe

Thursday 29/3/18

I have late lunch today as I was tied up for work, we went for our lunch at 2pm. We settled for Korean restaurant for our lunch and we have army stew.

We ordered Army Stew ($12++) that comes in individual portion. The army stew contained ingredients of pork, sausages, luncheon meat, maggie mee and etc. Quickly head back to work again after finish our meal.

Saturday 31/3/18

We were planning to go JB for shopping and dinner today. However, we decided to call off this trip last minute because Grandma was in hospital and she needed to be warded for checkup.

My relatives have came over to my place for dinner and this little one came too. I didn't get to see Xinru last week during her first month celebration, glad to see her today. 
As the hospital cannot accommodate so many of us, only 6 of them went to visit Grandma while the young ones stayed at home. 

Playing with Krislyn, she is now more open to play with people unlike the past where she only stick with her parents.

Sunday 1/4/18

April fool day was a busy day for me.
I started my day with the celebration party for Rena's first birthday. We reached Jasmine's place at 1pm for the lunch celebration, it was held at the open area below their block.

The theme was in Jasmine's favourite character - LINE Friends.
Jasmine is a big fan of LINE Friends, she has many collectibles in her home. 

We helped ourselves to the buffet spread.

Even the birthday cake was in LINE Friends' theme.
The birthday cake was so vibrant and colourful.

Time for birthday cake cutting. 
Everyone gathered around to sing birthday song for Rena. 

Happy birthday, Rena. 
It's just the first of many birthdays, have a blissful one this year. May you grow up well.

After the celebration, we went home to rest for awhile before heading out for early dinner with the family. We left home 5pm for our dinner at Telok Blangah. The reason for having dinner early was to visit Grandma at hospital later on.

We ordered a plate of toufu.
We loved their gravy and drizzled it on our rice so that it won't taste so dry.

We ordered a total of 5 dishes for 5 pax to share.
Right after the dinner, we made our way down to Singapore General Hospital to visit Grandma. Only a maximum of 4 visitors are allowed at one time so we have to take turn to go up to visit Grandma. KP's family were there too.

We stayed until 7pm and left for my cousin to go up. Thankfully, Grandma is okay and will be discharged in 2 days time.

Wednesday 4/4/18

It's Korean cuisine again.
We tried on a new restaurant, BBQ Hyang Yeon Korean Restaurant.

Hyang Yeon means "invite people to the place of great food" in Korean. Hyang Yeon offers a healthy culinary culture by having selection of of grains, vegetables and toppings to suit the nutritional needs and taste preferences of each customer while maintaining the original taste of Korea.

I ordered a D.I.Y set that comes with a main course, white cabbage, white rice, soup of the day and side dish set at S12++.

I have Jaeyuk Bokkeum for my main. The portion of the grilled marinated pork was generous, making it a hearty meal. But beware of the spiciness, after eating a few pieces, my tongue felt a hot sensation that slow down my pace of consumption. 

There are a total of 4 different choices for side dish. I have chosen set B which comes with Sausage, Spinach, Potato and Anchovy.

Thursday 5/4/18

Grab down to Millenia Walk for lunch at Kith Cafe. This time round, I tried on something different apart from the usual spaghetti.

I have Poached Eggs and Avocado ($16++) where the sourdough was toppled with crushed avocado, roma tomatoes, kale walnut pesto and poached egg.

Saturday 7/4/18

Look who came over to my house for visit today?

Amber was here to visit Grandma.
She just have her haircut and her fringe become so short. Nevertheless, she still looked so cute.
I have a great time playing with her.

I have been wanting to try Taiwan Restoran ever since my last visit to Johor Bahru (JB), so I decided to travel in to JB today to satisfy my cravings for Taiwanese popcorn chicken. Taiwan Nostalgia Cafe is located at level 3 near the escalator that lead us back to the checkpoint. 徐师傅台湾小吃 make me miss the food in Taiwan.

Minced Meat Rice is a must order when coming to Taiwan Cafe. It may looked ordinary but this was surprisingly nice. The rice was served with a braised egg and minced meat. Mix the rice well so that the soy sauce will covered the rice evenly. 

Matcha Macchiato to go with our meal.

Cheese Omelette and Crispy Salt and Pepper Chicken (鹹酥雞) for sharing. I never miss out on ordering popcorn chicken, it's my favourite. The hearty meal costs only RM52.15.

Now you know why I am willing to travel her just to have dinner?

1 comment: