Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Food Review: Fresh Gourmet Japanese Food from Sushi Delivery Singapore

Though we are in phase 2 of Circuit Breaker, things could hardly resume back to normal. I am still telecommuting from home and this could still go on for the next 1 to 2 months. Working from home and staying home all the time make me feel really depressing because it is the same old rotation every day and even longer hours spent at work. My way of releasing stress is turning to food delivery to reward myself and my family for a good meal at least once a week.

Japanese cuisine is on my top list for the food I miss having the most during Circuit Breaker. Finally my cravings for Japanese cuisine is satisfied with online Japanese food delivery. Best in Singapore has recently shared about Top 5 Best Online Sushi delivery services in Singapore 2020 and Sushi Delivery Singapore is one of them. Best in Singapore has kindly sent me the food for try out.

Sushi Delivery Singapore is the first restaurant that prepare sushi delivery service in Singapore, bringing us the best and freshest Japanese food to our doorstep within an hour. They have a total of 7 commercial kitchens island-wide, hence the orders are allocated to the closest kitchen to ensure we receive the food within the chosen time slot.

Each kitchen is headed by a Japanese Itamae (or head sushi chef) to ensure the quality and consistently delicious food is maintained.

Free delivery is given for order above $60. Otherwise, a flat delivery charge of $5.90 apply.


The delivery arrived at 5.30pm which was within my chosen time slot.
Should your order fail to deliver within the 1-hour window period, Sushi Delivery Singapore will offer $10 off your next order with them. But the likelihood is only 0.001% chance, so don't worry.

Here's my delicious spread of Japanese delights for dinner. The food looked really appealing and I can't wait to start digging in.

It was a joyful treat to have a sumptuous dinner to reward myself after a long day at work, letting me take a good dinner break before going back to work after the meal.


Sushi Delivery Singapore offers a wide variety of and we are spoilt for choice. The selection ranges from sushi, maki, sashimi, donburi, bento box, appetizer and sides to sushi and sashimi platter.

Let me share with you more about what I had.

Maki
From left to right: Champion Floss Maki (8pcs - $15.90)California Maki (8pcs - $10.90) and Avocado Maki (8pcs - $10.90). Out of these, Avocado Maki is under chef recommendation.

To make the best sushi, Sushi Delivery Singapore source premium Japanese shortgrain direct from Miyagi.

My favourite among the three maki is Champion Floss Maki, likewise for my family too. Every ingredient just tantalized my taste buds from grilled teriyaki chicken to cucumber to nacho cheese to chicken floss and tobiko (flying fish roe). Even piece of sushi was generously toppled with chicken floss too. The combination was perfect for me.


California Maki is no stranger to us. The crab stick, cucumber and tamago are wrapped in seaweed and sushi rice, coated with tobiko. The first bite reminded me of bubble tea, the tobiko tasted like the mini version of boba that will burst into savoury flavour when we popped into our mouth.


Avocado Maki is a special one because I never had sushi with avocado as ingredient. The ingredients wrapped in the sushi rice is similar to California Maki which includes crab stick, cucumber and tamago. The difference is the outer layer where a slice of avocado is toppled on the sushi rice, sprinkled with tobiko and creamy mayonnaise.

Sushi
Kappa Maki (1 Roll - $3.90) is a classic Japanese cucumber wrapped in sushi rice and seaweed. This is suitable for vegetarian. Expect a crunchy bite from the cucumber when consume it.

Donburi
The bowl of Chicken Teriyaki Don ($14.90) caught my attention with the bowl of goodness and flavourful ingredients in it. The boneless chicken leg was marinated in teriyaki sauce, served with a onsen egg, cucumber and bowl of sushi rice.

The chicken leg tasted sweet and savoury with the coating of teriyaki sauce. My way of having a runny onsen egg will be to poke the egg yolk and let it flow out, letting the egg yolk mix with the sushi rice which make it taste extra delicious.

Appetizers & Sides
Some of the appetizers and sides that we tried includes Tako Yaki (5pcs - $4.90) and Shrimp Crouton (5pcs - $4.90).

The fried tako yaki contained a generous octopus filling in it and it was coated with Japanese mayonnaise which make it extra creamy and enhancing the flavour.

The Shrimp Crouton were fried to a golden perfection and the exterior skin has a light batter when bite upon it. The texture was firm with the chunks of shrimp in it.

My all time favourite Japanese side dish has gonna be Chicken Karaage (8pcs - $6.90). The tender boneless chicken leg was coated in karaage batter and deep fried to golden brown. The chicken karaage has a nice crispy skin and juicy meat which make it a perfect snack to go with the meal. Not to mention it was addictive too.

A big thanks to Best in Singapore for sending me the delicious Japanese food, allowing my family to have a hearty dinner and with me feeling content because my cravings for Japanese food is satisfied. 

If you want to enjoy Japanese food in the comfort of home just like me, do visit Sushi Delivery Singapore website to place your order - https://sushidelivery.sg/



Do also follow Best in Singapore website to find out the best things Singapore has to offer.




This post is a collaboration with Best in Singapore and Sushi Delivery, expressed in my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment