Saturday, July 28, 2018

Happenings in July - Dontaku Japanese Restaurant + Blackmores Vitamin E Cream

Thursday 5/7/18

We visited Dolce Tokyo at Bugis Junction for lunch. I miss having lunch here, the lunch promotion here is really a good deal. You can order 1 main course and a drink at only $10.90++.


Dolce Tokyo is under Ministry of Food, a restaurant that offers Japanese-Italian inspired cuisine and coffee in a contemporary, hip and modern setting. It has been a year since my last visit, hopefully I don't need to wait long for my food this time round.

I have Chicken Thigh with Straight Cut Fries.
The grilled chicken thigh was tender and dipped it with mushroom sauce that makes it even more tasty. The layer of skin also contributed to the tastiness. 

Saturday 7/7/18

Because last week we did not managed to have Chic-a-boo, we decided to go Marina Square again to satisfy our cravings for it.

Knowing that I love Popcorn Chicken, bf specially got me a plate of popcorn chicken from Chic-a-boo. It was fried to crispy golden brown, but in my opinion, KFC's popcorn chicken still the best.

Sunday 8/7/18

Sunday is usually a stay home day for me. Since we are having dinner at home, we decided to try out Pacific West's frozen food products to pair up with our fried beehoon.

We decided to try out Baby Squids and Cheezy Fish Fillet.
We can enjoy good meal eating at home too.

Helping mummy out with the preparation.
The seasoned baby squids lightly dusted.

The end product.
I love the cheesy fish fillets, it was so delicious with its crispy bread crumbs coated. You can heard the crunchy sound with every bite. The baby squid on the other hand was too chewy that make it a little hard to swallow.

Saturday 14/7/18

Enjoying my last weekend before heading to school next weekend. We decided to head in to Johor Bahru (JB) because I need to replenish some of my items. We went in at our usual timing but the queue was getting horrendous, I started to drag going in if I have to go through such a huge jam every time I went in. 1 counter with multiple lines forming and it can even lead to quarrel or fight sometimes. This is starting to get sickening.

We managed to reach City Square slightly before 6pm. To counter the long hour standing and stuffiness during the queue, our first stop was a dessert stop. I suggested Penang Road Famous TeoChew Chendul since both of us are chendol lovers.

We shared a bowl of Chendol with Mango Ice Cream.
We were smitten by this Malaysian shaved ice dessert where the pandan-flavour palm flour noodles and kidney beans immersed in the coconut milk. Now I know why they are known as Famous TeoChew Chendul.

After rounds of walking, we finally settled at Dontaku Japanese Restaurant for dinner. Located at level 3 Innercity, Dontaku is a Japanese restaurant that specializes in many Japanese delicacies.

We ordered a Chawanmushi (RM7+) for sharing. GST is currently 0%, so the + charge is referring to 10% service charge.
The Chawanmushi was so soft and literally melted in my mouth.

As I was craving for fried chicken and curry, I decided to have Curry Udon with Karaage (RM20+). The Curry Udon was served in a pot to ensure the warmness throughout the meal.  Combined the warmness and the spiciness, the Curry Udon has reached my limit.

We returned back to Singapore after the dinner. Today's route was so jam that it spoiled our day and mood. 

Friday 27/7/18

T.G.I.F. 
Start of a long weekend.

Thanks Sample Store for sending me the Blackmores Natural Vitamin E Cream for try out.

Blackmores Natural Vitamin E Cream is a rich moisturising cream that helps protect skin from the drying effects of the environment. What I like about this cream is it can be used on face, hand and body, an all in one product.

I applied the cream twice a day, the cream has no artificial colours or fragrances. It contains avocado oil to nourish and soothe skin.

The texture was lightweight and fast absorbed into skin without leaving sticky feel.


Saturday 28/7/18

We dropped by to Orchard as I went to collect my prize from Guardian @ Ngee Ann City.
After the collection, we walked down to Cineleisure for dinner at Pasta Mania.

We have Trio Cheesy Garlic Bread to pair with Cream of Mushroom. The soup was a top up ($2) from our AIA set. With courtesy from Daryl.

I have Cheese Crumble Ham Spaghetti for my main while bf has Al Funghi Spaghetti.

Here's my prize from Guardian, Garnier Micellar Foaming Cleanser.
This All-in-One foaming cleanser is powerful and lift away dirt, oil, and makeup without harsh rubbing or over-drying our skin. It leaves our skin perfectly cleansed and refreshed. 

This cleanser comes in handy because my current cleanser is about to finish soon. I will share with you more once I try it. 

That's all for update today.

No comments:

Post a Comment