Saturday, March 18, 2017

Happenings in March - Weekend Outing + Beauty and the Beast Movie + Bedok 85 Food Hunt

Saturday 11/3/17

Oh yes, weekend is here again.
I cherished my time especially my weekend because weekend is outing day.

Getting dressed up and ready to begin my day.
Cater all my weekend to bf because weeekend is the only days we meet up, we rarely meet up during weekdays due to work commitment. Weekend is very precious to me now.

Bf got me Harry Potter time turner necklace which was featured in the movie Harry Potter and the Prisoner of AZKABAN, wearing it out for the first time. Thanks for the surprise gift.

We made our way to Marina Square for a walk. There was a Balloon Exhibition going on at the atrium. Dive into an underwater world created using balloon sculptures.

Like little children, we joined the crowds to view some of these master pieces of the balloon artworks.

We decided to find somewhere to sit down and chill down, the thing that came to our mind was to go for dessert.

We went to O'ma spoon Korean Dessert Cafe, a place we always wanted to try but too full to go for it after dinner.

We had Oreo Bingsu served with banana, oreo cookies, ice cream, shaved milk and assorted toppings is perfect way to cool off during the hot weather. The bingsu were drizzled with the chocolate sauce and fresh milk that enhanced the sweetness of the dessert. 

I felt full after having this, I need a walk to digest the food so that there will be room for dinner later on. We took a stroll to National Gallery Singapore to admire the beautiful architecture.

Dinner was at Hifumi Japanese Restaurant, I have tonkatsu set that that comes with pork cutlet, onion egg, miso soup and rice.

What I love about Hifumi is they serve its signature all-you-can-eat appetizer bar with the purchase of a main course. Food was good and the price was affordable given the amount of food we ate. I see myself coming back again when we feel like having Japanese food.

Vanilla soft serve to end off the dinner. We were so full by then, so the 2 of us shared this soft serve.

We bumped into quite a few people at Marina Square. I bumped into KP and her bf while bf bumped into his female friend earlier.

Sunday 12/3/17

Our Sunday dating brought us to Plaza Singapura for a walk.

Spotted our first Disney Tsum Tsum display at the atrium of Plaza Singapura. Though I have never play the mobile game before, I find the character all look so cute and I love them.

Plaza Singapura has one of the largest Tsum Tsum displays with many different decorations. It lifted up our moods with the cute displays.

Took a stroll at the outdoor. We have quality time spent together. 

Dinner was at The Manhattan FISH MARKET, one of the restaurant that we regularly visit. We have tomato soup while waiting for our fish & chips.

My all time favourite Fish & Chips. A nice outing to end off the weekend. We enjoyed the time spent together

Saturday 18/3/17

Journey to the east.
Made our journey to Golden Village @ Tampines Mall for movie. My first time there for movie, I don't really like their cinema theatre because it has limited space for leg room. It was quite unbearable for me especially when my movie duration was over 2 hours.

Beauty and the Beast

The Disney movie is a live-action re-telling of the studio’s animated classic which refashions the classic characters from the tale as old as time.

I grew up reading fairytale story books. Beauty and the Beast is therefore not something unfamiliar for me. The movie has not much difference from the original story and it got us connected even though we know what will happen next. I like how Belle fall in love with the Beast, not based on his looks but truly in love with who the Beast is. He treats her with care and love, letting her do her favourite things, save her from danger and truly want her to be happy.

After the movie, we headed down to Bedok 85 @ Fengshan Centre for dinner. Bedok 85 food centre is one best hawker centre located in the east. This was my first time here, I rarely travel over to the east.

I tried the Hokkien Mee, one of the famous dishes over at  Bedok 85. It was nice and juicy with the gravy being absorbed into the noodles.

We have sambal stingray from the zi char stall that is just located besides Hokkien Mee stall.
The stingray was soft and the sambal has enhanced the flavour of the stingray, giving it an extra kick of spiciness.

Here's how I spend my weekend, hope you guys have a great weekend too.

No comments:

Post a Comment