Sunday, February 4, 2018

Happenings in January & February - The Wine Company

Thursday 25/1/18

Hello everybody. I'm back from my Taiwan trip. I already miss traveling again, my next overseas trip is probably end of the year. Many months of waiting to go.

I bought some snacks from Taiwan to share with my family and colleagues. All these were purchased in Ximending except for the Bamboo Shoot Biscuit, which was purchased in Taichung.

We went People's Park Food Centre for dinner, I decided to try Chicken Cutlet Hor Fun.
After the quick dinner, we made our way down to SGH to visit bro. Glad that he was feeling better and will be discharged tomorrow.

Friday 26/1/18

It's TGIF. 
Since today is a special day, bf and I decided to skip our usual dinner at hawker centre and went Vivo City for dinner. We have our dinner at Tai Lei Loi Kei.

I have Black Pepper Sliced Pork Rice ($7.90+). 
This resembled the normal zichar rice set that I always ordered.

Apart from our main course, we also ordered Polo Pork Chop Bun ($6.90+) for sharing.
The food and price are decent. The only grip is that the eatery is small, so once we finished the food, we have to make a move because queue were forming outside the eatery.

Sunday 28/1/18

Back to Bugis.
Bf and I met up with Ah Ho for dinner at Astons Specialities @ Bugis+. Yes, for both days I have been traveling to Bugis. 

It was a hearty dinner with many juicy news sharing that kept us talking for hours.

Thursday 1/2/18

We traveled to City Square Mall for lunch at Pizza Hut. It's been a long while since I last have Pizza Hut. Pizza is one of my favourite food. We have the lunch set that comes with drink and soup.

I ordered my all time favourite - Hawaiian  Pan Pizza.
The pizza arrived pipping hot. I always love the pizza from Pizza Hut and their doughy crust.

Friday 2/2/18

I met up with GF for lunch at our favourite hangout place, KFC. Today's meetup was to exchange our overseas goodies we bought for each other and to discuss about her solemnization ceremony happening on this coming Sunday. Look forward to Sunday.

GF got me a hand lotion during one of her overseas trips. 

I have been using it diligently. 
The hand lotion has a light lemon fragrance. It protects our hands and provides radiance.

Sunday 4/2/18

Right after GF's solemnization lunch, I met up with bf for our Sunday dating. We celebrated our early Valentine's Day with a dinner at The Wine Company. We celebrated 2 weeks in advance to avoid the markup menu price for the occasion and also we won't be meeting on the actual day. I don't need a fancy dinner to celebrate Valentine's Day because it is just too commercialized, a decent dinner is all I'm looking for.

The Wine Company has a vintage interior design with their seats in blue and purple theme.

Right outside of the restaurant is the breathtaking scenery of Sentosa and HarbourFront. 

You might be wondering why is it so dark in the restaurant right?
This is because The Wine Company uses minimal lighting in the restaurant and each table has a candle to light up their space.

I had Prawn Linguine for my main course. The linguine was served al dente with pesto, prawns, pine nuts and cherry tomatoes in olive oil sauce.
The linguine was well tossed and brought out the flavours while the prawns were fresh and tasty to eat on its own.

Truffle Fries for sharing.
The french fries were tossed in truffle oil where strong truffle taste lingered with every bite.

The food here was great and satisfying, we were so glad that we found this place and we will definitely be coming back again. Luck was with us when The Wine Company was having 30% discount on their main course that day.  

That's all for sharing today, good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment