Saturday, October 29, 2016

Johor Bahru KSL City Mall: Taiwan Receipe + Sushi King

Taking a break from my studies to enjoy the good weekend before I go 闭关 for my year end exam.
A good weekend to me will be indulging in good food with great companion, enjoying some sight-seeing and shopping.

It's been 4 months since I last visited Malaysia so I decided to visit our neighbouring state, Johor Bahru (JB), for shopping and eating.

After a quick lunch at McDonald @ Bukit Batok, we took a train down to Kranji and board bus 170 to Woodland checkpoint. I haven't travel by public transport in to JB for a long time. Luckily, my friend knew the way so I just tag along.

After scanning of passport at Woodland checkpoint, we then queued for bus 170 again which brought us to JB custom. There was a jam as usual at JB custom and we queued for an hour before we could get our passport stamp.

After clearance, we took a cab down to KSL City Mall for RM11. I have not been to KSL for a long long time, immediately began my shopping spree the moment I reached. It was nearly 4pm by then. Didn't see much stuff that I like so I only got a off shoulder top.

We passed by Taiwan Receipe at LG level and I was attracted by their cute bonsai ice-cream. We then went in for some dessert fix.

Ice-cream treats are perfect to have during hot days. 
I have the bonsai ice-cream at RM5.90. Beneath the chocolate chip was just the normal chocolate ice-cream.

Mango snowy ice at RM13.90.
The portion was generous.

We were pretty much done with shopping at the mall, proceed for dinner next. I got another big bag of tidbits from Tesco.

We have our dinner at Sushi King located at LG floor. Sushi King serves quality sushi and other Japanese cuisine at affordable prices in a warm and friendly environment.

Here were some of our selection of food:

Vinegared rice balls topped with fresh premium salmon.

Sashimi.
The fresh raw sashimi were sliced to perfection with the moisture retained in it.

Soft shell crab tempura.
The soft shell crab has a crunchy texture on the outside and tender soft in the inside. One can feel the crispiness and freshness at the same time. 

The soft and tasty chawanmushi to end off my meal.
The charging was valuable in my opinion, the bill came up to RM68.

The happy and satisfied us left KSL and cab back to City Square for local delicacies shopping before heading back to Singapore. It was 9 plus when we reached Singapore. 

I enjoyed myself during this half day trip to JB, can't wait to go back again for the good food and shopping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment