Saturday, April 28, 2018

Happenings in April - Bumbu + Pacific West FOODball Fever + Wa Cafe

Friday 20/4/18

Today's lunch was a sumptuous affair with the team at Bumbu Restaurant @ Telok Ayer St. It was my first time dining at the Thai-Indonesian eatery. Bumbu is an antique-theme restaurant serving quality Thai-Indonesian cuisine at affordable prices. It was full house during lunch hour.

We ordered a sumptuous spread for 9 of us which includes Prawn Cake, Chilli Basil Chicken, Steamed Fish Spicy Lime sauce and Sambal Kang Kong.

The Steam Fish was moist and tender, we helped ourselves with it and peeled off the fresh from the fish.

Tahu Telor.
This was a very nice dish where the cubes of tofu were drizzled in a sweet sauce and combined with fried crispy beaten eggs, cucumbers, and carrots. This dish was perfect except that the sauce was too sweet for us.

My favourite Coconut Ice Cream to end off our meal, a sweet treat on a hot day.

It was a great lunch indulgence, all of us enjoyed the food here very much. I'm glad that we found this delicious Thai-Indonesian cuisines. Thanks Gina for the lunch treat too.

Ended the night with dinner at Pasta Mania. I had Aglio Olio Turkey Bacon ($9.20+). The amount of Turkey Bacon given was generous, every mouthful guaranteed bites of Turkey Bacon.


Saturday 21/4/18

A stay home Saturday.
闭关 period has once again began, I spent my weekend at home doing revision to prepare for my exam in May.

姑姑 came over in the afternoon for visit and got me Grilled Chicken McWrap where the grilled chicken was layered between crisp lettuce, mixed vegetables, sliced tomato and wrapped up in a whole grain tortilla.

Took a break from studies and headed to nearby coffeeshop for dinner. Bf and I have dinner at zichar stall. I had Cereal Fish Rice ($4.90). It was quite dry without any sauce drizzled. We ordered Prawn Paste Chicken ($5) for sharing too. The chicken wing was good and valuable for money.

We also chanced upon bf's coach and we accompanied them for dinner. Having short break from studies feel good. Time for mugging again, one more month to go.


Sunday 22/4/18

I visited FairPrice Xtra at Jurong Point for Pacific West FOODball Fever Roadshow. At the roadshow, we can try Pacific West’s cheesy fish fillets from Australia.

Pacific West's range of products has become a family's choice, it gives customers the best culinary experience with the food range that they offer. Pacific West is widely available in the Asia Pacific Region, Europe, South Africa, New Zealand and the Middle East.

In addition, Pacific West is organizing a FOODball Fever Contest where prizes worth more than S$10,00 is waiting to be won!! One of the top prizes include fantabulous trip to your favourite football country. One just need to purchase minimum 2 packets of Pacific West products from any FairPrice outlets in a single receipt.

To join in the fun of the FOODball Fever, we wore their t-shirt on the spot. With Cookie and GF.

Chef Geric Law from Hyatt Hotel was also at the roadshow where he showcased a cooking demo on how we can prepare Pacific West's cheesy fish fillets at home using simple ingredients. 

The end product.
Just express your creativity and you can whip up a good meal at home too.

It was so flavoursome that I help myself with a few sticks. 

We have been meeting each other regularly for lunch but didn't have the chance to take photo together. Today's roadshow provide us a good opportunity for welfie.

A photo with Chef Geric, promoting on Pacific West's Cheezy Fish Fillets. We all love it so much, just a small bite got us keep going back for more.

Go for all!!!!
Wish all of you good luck in the contest as well as in World Cup bet. Huat ah!

Thanks GF for the photo, today was a great catch up.


Friday 27/4/18

We tried out another new place for lunch at Wa Cafe @ Chinatown Point. 

Also known as Watanabe Coffee, Wa Cafe offers traditional Japanese and Western fusion cuisine. The menu offers a wide variety of dishes.

I had Ice Matcha Latte, I love the aroma and taste. The caffeine in it will prevent me from food coma later on.

I always have a liking for Japanese Curry Rice so that's why I ordered Pork Katsu Curry Rice. The Pork Katsu was crispy and the curry was not too spicy. Everything was just all right. I paid $17.54 for the lunch.

Thankfully I have a filling lunch because I worked until 9.30pm that night. I have never been so stressful throughout my working life. I was apologetic towards bf because we were supposed to meet for dinner at 7.30pm and I couldn't leave office due to unfinished work. Today was our last Friday date yet I spoiled everything.

We managed to find Ban Mian's stall still opening at the coffeeshop around 10 plus, so we quickly gobbled the food and went home straight. There is early closure due to train maintenance, we need to quickly catch the train ride home.

Thanks bf for being so supportive of me. Though I know that you have a lousy 2 hours, you didn't flared the anger on me and even let me have a shoulder to cry on. I felt so miserable and suffocating. What should I do?
Sob Sob!!!


Saturday 28/4/18

Couldn't go out during the weekend, so we went to the hawker centre for dessert to sweeten our weekend.

I have a sweet tooth and soft spot for dessert. I have my favourite Chendol while bf had Sea Coconut.

A bottle of Go Shot NeuroEnergy to promote my mental cognitive performance, allowing me to reach peak performance for my revision. 

April has been a miserable month for me, hope May can treat me better.

No comments:

Post a Comment