Thursday, January 30, 2020

Happenings in January - Chinese New Year 2020

Friday 24/1/20

Finally we have reached Friday, a half day work for us because it was Chinese New Year (CNY) eve. I ended work at about 12.50pm and made my way to Chinatown Point to meet GF for her birthday lunch at Otoko Ramen.

I had Karaage Don ($11.90++) where the fried chicken was drizzled with special chilli sauce and soft boiled egg served with rice. Big chunks of fried chicken was sitting on top and covering up the rice.

We had a good 2 hours lunch gathering. It was such a rare occasion for me to spend time with GF on her actual birthday because she always spend her birthday overseas. Because her birthday this year falls on CNY, hence she was here in town. Hope you enjoy the birthday lunch.

The time was 3pm and we were ready to part for our reunion dinner. 

Grandma was carrying baby Feelyn in her arm.

I haven't seen Xin Ru for awhile since she has grown up a little, coming to 2 years old this year. She was shy and sat quietly at one corner in the living room when she first came. But once she came into the room, she started to join the other kids and having fun.


Saturday 25/1/20

Happy CNY, we have started the zodiac sign cycle again to Rat.

Aiden has finally warmed up and wanted to play. This yellow pong pong was enough for him to be self entertain.

We ordered the catering this year from Stamford Catering. The amount of food was too much and we could not finish the food. We also invited our neighbours to join us for the feast. CNY is all about gathering and feasting together.

Time for my first lo hei of the year. This year, the kids took the center stage for lo hei. Why do they need to huat leh?

The end product. 

I didn't took much photos today but I was busy entertaining all the kids. I have to admit that I have aged, I get easily exhausted these days.


Thursday 30/1/20

Here comes my second lo hei with my section in office. I enjoyed having the raw salmon and the golden cracker.

The lo hei was accompanied with good food for lunch. The catering had all my favourite food, it was enjoyable but it would have tasted better if the food was not so salty.

Good bye, January. 

No comments:

Post a Comment