Saturday, June 13, 2020

Happenings in May and Jun - Circuit Breaker Continued + Food Deliveries

Sunday 3/5/20

Time to give mummy a little break from preparing the meal, hence I ordered Burger King bundle meal for dinner. My parents have not tried before Burger King, so I take opportunity of the bundle meal offer and let them have a try.

I ordered 2 sets of Bundle Meal B. Each set consists of 3 long chicken burger, 6 pieces nuggets and 2 packets of medium fries. I paid a total of $32.20 inclusive of delivery charge. It took 35 minutes for the food to arrive from the time I placed my order.

It has been nearly 5 months since I last had Burger King thought I've been having lots of other fast food during this Circuit Breaker period. I just had KFC last week and Mos Burger on Thursday.

The nuggets made a perfect snack to enjoy along with our burger and fries, exceptionally tasty when dipped into the curry sauce.

The time passed really fast, we are nearly the first month mark of Circuit Breaker. Literally my routine was the same every day: wake up, using laptop (for work on weekdays/for leisure on weekend), using mobile during lunch break and at night, sleep. Part of me are getting very used to this routine life of locking at home. Another part of me want to be free so that I can start travel again, I really miss traveling, a quick day trip or weekend getaway is as good too. 

Wednesday 6/5/20

Staying home has given people the time to be creative at home. Many started trying new recipe or picking new skill. 

My cousin had this homemade mango agar agar delivered to us. 2020 is definitely not a great year for all of us, we need a 'huat' to help us tide through this difficult period. 

I am getting a little worried that after every hair wash, the number of hair drop was quite significant. Hence, I want to try out new hair products to resolve my hair loss issue. I discovered this Ryo Hair Care Kit which I have gotten from an event and give it a try. 

I have started using Ryo Hair Loss Care Shampoo (oily scalp). This shampoo has a strong scent of ginseng due to extracts from ginseng plant. After using a few times, I got used to the scent. I did not noticed a significant improvement so far (used 4 times), shall monitor the progress.

Sunday 10/5/20

Today is Mother's Day. We do not have group celebration this year unlike the past years. Dad went to take away dinner from our favourite zi char stall. We ordered the Mother's Day set which has something different from what we usually had.

Our yummy dinner spreads that satisfy our appetite, a delicious meal to end off the week. We had Vegetarian Pot, Curry Fish Head, Fried Rice, Pork Rib, Thai Prawn Cake, Fried Mantou, Braised Pork Leg and Satay. 

This box of fried goodness was definitely my favourite. I loved the Thai Prawn Cake which was fried till golden crispy while the meat still refrain the juiciness in it.

The purchase comes with a free bread cake wishing all mothers a Happy Mother's Day. It's always joyful to receive free gift though the bread may taste just normal.

Wednesday 13/5/20

Time flies, it has been 2.5 months since I started working from home. I experienced pros and cons while working from home. The pros will be the comfort level, I can get up at a slight later timing (half an hour more), wear home clothes (t-shirt and shorts), eat and snack anytime I want. The cons will be no aircon, working longer hours (and even on weekend too) and communication barrier. It was so hard to communicate initially because some explanation are so hard to explain using messenger, but the problem was resolved when we started using Skype call.

We ordered 4Fingers Crispy Chicken via Grab Food for dinner. The delivery arrived at 6.30pm, hence I called it a day for work and dig in the dinner. The seaweed fries were nice but portion was too little.

We had BFF Burger which consists of crispy chicken chop topped with house roasted garlic sauce and sandwiched with the sesame bun. The chicken patty was really huge and I was really full after eating it. I have enough fast food for the month.

Saturday 23/5/20

My neighbour got us a box of Ondeh Ondeh Roll Cake that was so delicious.

The fluffy roll cake held a light pandan fragrance while the cream was drizzled with gula melaka sauce that added extra sweetness to the cake. 

Saturday 30/5/20

Feeling relief that weekend is here so I can take a little break, though today was also extra busy for me with many work emails to clear. I don't usually work during the weekend but now I foresee I will since I have new projects to do. Spent 4 hours at work and stopped at 6pm today. I took charge of dinner ordering since mummy did not cook today.

Our delivery via Grab Delivery from Hao Wei Lai 好味来 arrived in 40 minutes time.
Our dinner consists of 8 pieces Spicy Wanton, 2 packets of Braised Pork Rice with Mushroom and 10 pieces Pan Fried Dumpling at $29.94.

Among the dishes, I like the Pan Fried Dumpling the best. They were big,  juicy and filing. I was really full and couldn't finish my rice.

Sunday 31/5/20

Today was also a partial working day for me but slightly shorter hours than yesterday (about 2 to 2.5 hours).

We had another sumptuous dinner tonight via Grab delivery. This time round, we ordered from Din Tai Fung as mummy was craving for their Pork Chop Fried Rice.

We ordered the signature Pork Chop Fried Rice. The fried rice was infused with the fragrance of egg awhile the pork chop was tender and carried a smoky taste.

Saturday 6/6/20

As we entered the first week of Phase 1, we still continue to stay home and only leave home for essential activities. Dine in is strictly not allowed yet so we can only take away food or call for delivery.


It is nice to have relatives staying near us, Sis V got us a box of pastries. Just perfect to have for our lunch cum tea break.

Saturday 13/6/20
Sis V got us pastries again, thanks for always spoiling us with delicious food which never fail to brighten up our day. 

I had 2 egg tarts for my tea break. The crust was buttery and flaky, while the egg custard was soft and tender.


Because it was dad's birthday yesterday, we had a belated celebration for him where I ordered dim sum from Zi Yean Restaurant. I love the pan fried dumpling and xiao long bao, which was filled with pork meat and soup.

With that, I will end my update here.

No comments:

Post a Comment