Saturday, February 13, 2021

Happenings in January and February - Food Hunt + Serein Vegan Shampoo and Conditioner + JUS Toner

Thursday 7/1/21

Happy 2021, it might be another year where I spent majority of the time at home, another year with restriction in place and another year of seeking local exploration.

Ever since working from home, I rely heavily on food delivery because there are always days where we are lazy to head out to takeaway food. This time round, we tried on Collin.

Saturday 16/1/21

A last minute of sourcing of places for lunch at Bugis with my friend, J. I remembered there is a Thai eatery nearby, so we walked over to the steamboat area at Bugis. 

Though Thai Boat Noodle is a small eatery that fits about 20 pax or less, we got a seat without waiting. I had Green Milk Tea to go with the meal. 

My Pad Thai was finally here. Beneath the thin layer of omelette was the pipping hot Pad Thai. We were super hungry because it was already 2.30pm and we haven't took our lunch.

We also ordered a plate of Prawn Sticks that was accompanied with the Thai sweet chilli sauce, the Prawn Sticks were very crispy and the inner was tender, very addictive.

Walk back to Yummo Chow to try our luck for their dessert. The reason for coming here was to try their dessert.

Yummo Chow is located at the entrance of Hotel Nuve Heritage, the hotel guests will need to pass by the cafe before reaching the hotel reception.

We were here for the their best-selling Tempura Ice Cream where  the vanilla ice cream was wrapped inside the deep fried crunchy batter bun and drizzled with maple syrup. The tempura bun was very airy and thin with crispy exterior, when cut open, the vanilla ice cream was still in a solid state which we were amazed.

Saturday 23/1/21

Craving for good milkshake and burger we experienced at OverEasy, our next research finding brought us to Black Tap at Marina Bay Sands.

Black Tap is one of the more casual vibe dining place at Marina Bay Sands, it is a classic burger joint that is famous for their award-winning burger, craft beer and CrazyShakes.

Because the CrazyShake was too large for me, I went for the Classic Oreo Cookies & Cream Milkshake ($12++) instead. It has surpassed and become the best oreo cookies milkshake that I had before. I could taste the oreo bites in every sip, it was toppled with whipped cream to enhance the creaminess. My love for milkshake is beyond question, it's like a must order when it is available in the menu.

Baja Grilled Chicken Sandwich served with fries ($23++) came in a generous portion. The sandwich was totally different from what I have imagined, it exceeded my expectation. It contained so many ingredients which includes cajun grilled chicken breast, avocado, bacon, chipotle mayo and pico de gallo. The fries has a crispy crust while the inner remained soft. Black Tap's burger definitely the rank in my burger list.

Do you know that oily scalp will clog our pores and obstruct the growth of healthy hair, leading to hair loss issue. Luckily, I was introduced to Cosmicmoment Serein Vegan Shampoo and Conditioner, a premium hair care brand that target hair loss issue. 

Serein Vegan Shampoo is suitable for sensitive scalp as there is no added of any scalp irritation components., the ingredients are all naturally derived and vegan certified (no animal origin). The shampoo contains aloeswood and musk scent, it smells amazing and making me feel refreshed after the hair wash. With the cooling effect, the shampoo helps to cool down our scalp and relieve scalp stress. 

After the shampooing, it’s time to apply Serein Anti Hair Loss Conditioner Vinegar. Generally, the cream textured conditioner is only recommended to apply from mid hair to hair end. But for Serein Anti Hair Loss Conditioner Vinegar, it is a transparent liquid texture that we can apply to scalp till the end of hair, massage our scalp gently to let the product soak through our hair. The conditioner helps to bring back pH balancing to a healthy level, relieve dead skin on scalp and thus strengthening our hair. I like how my hair can comb through more easily after drying my hair and restore shine. 

Thanks 0.8L for taking care of my hair.

Saturday 30/1/21

Just when I thought 2020 was a tough year, 2021 is even worse. My family are caught in something and we have been dealing with anxiety for the past one week. Hope that we can overcome all obstacles and win the battle.

I’m always a fan of Korean product because it always works well for my skin. Recently, I started using JUS Eoseongcho 90 Toner which contains 90% Eoseongcho extract (0% purified water) with an optimized ingredient design with pH 5.5. 

I applied it after cleansing my face, the toner has a watery texture which was fast absorbed into skin. The toner contained a light scent which was calming and gave a refreshed feeling. I like that it helps to soothe and moisturise the skin. It is suitable for all skin types as it uses safe formula with no harmful ingredients that will cause skin irritation. 

Best of all, the toner comes in a big bottle of 500ml which can last me for a long long time. Definitely worth the price. Thanks 0.8L for sending this over.

Sunday 31/1/21

The past week has been a week of gathering with family and relatives. Today was Aiden's family. 

Aiden is all grown up, he has entered primary 1 this year. 
It has been a while since I last met the kids because I was either working or not at home when they came over. See you again during CNY.

Wednesday 3/2/21

I'm on leave today to accompany my parents out to settle some stuffs. After the things were settled, Dad was having cravings for Bak Ku Teh and we went over to our usual hangout place for Bank Ku Teh.

Their fried doughstick was the one of the best we tried, it remained crispy throughout and did not turned soggy. A satisfying meal before the start of the battle comes tomorrow. 

Himalaya is a familiar brand to me because I have been a user of their products (Himalaya Purifying Neem Scrub) previously. This time round I get to try out Himalaya Purifying Neem Face Wash, a soap free herbal formulation that helps to clear pimples. 

Himalaya Purifying Neem Face Wash lathers well and is gentle on skin, leaving no tight feeling. It effectively removes the dirt and excess oil on my skin, making my skin feel refreshed. It does not cause any irritation to skin too. Another plus point is that the face wash is affordable, the price range is from $6 to $10 depending on the size you buy.

Saturday 6/2/21

Right after my appointment with IDS Clinic, I headed down to Standing Sushi Bar at Odeon Towers to meet my friend for lunch.

There are two outlets in Singapore - Marina One and Odeon Towers. We choose the one at Odeon Towers because it offers a more extensive menu including robatayaki, tempura, and curry rice.

I had Chicken Katsu Curry Rice ($16++). The chicken katsu was juicy and tender, making it easy to cut. It refrained the crispiness of the skin when mixed with the curry.

Finally changed my phone after 4 years, brought my new phone out today. 

Saturday 13/2/21

This Chinese New Year (CNY) has been a quiet one for my family with daily visitors not exceed 8 pax due to Covid-19 restriction. House visiting by relatives will be spread out over the two weeks of CNY.

We had steamboat dinner with Aunt's family on the second day of CNY.  
CNY used to be the busiest period for my family but this year we cut down lots of preparation on food. For instance, CNY day 1 used to be most busiest day in preparing the food, but yesterday we only cooked chap chye for lunch and egg fried rice for dinner. The most simplest CNY ever and an unusual one.

No comments:

Post a Comment