Saturday, April 30, 2022

Happenings in April - Tamago-EN and Gathering

Saturday 9/4/22

With restrictions gradually easing, we are slowly resuming to our norm. Took this opportunity to call for a gathering with friends that I had not meet for close to 2 years. We had our lunch at Tamago-EN @ Chinatown Point as we had cravings for Japanese food.

I had Oyako Don where the chicken and egg simmered in bonito sauce, served with rice and miso soup. The portion was generous and the egg was silky soft.

We had Creme Brulee Souffle Pancake to end off the meal, the souffle pancake was sandwiched with custard cream and strawberries. The souffle pancake was fluffy and soft with buttery fragrance, it literally melted in my mouth.

A mandatory group photo for our gathering. We accompanied each other from youth to adult and all of them still look the same to me. There are just so much things for us to talk about that we can go on and on.

Saturday 30/4/22

Gyoza is a must order whenever I dine in Japanese restaurant. It was flavourful when dipped with the vinegar sauce.
I had Chawanmushi, Pork Katsu in Egg Sauce and Matcha Ice Cream. Despite the pork katsu being soaked in the egg sauce, it still remained crispy and juicy in each bite. I like that the Enoki Mushroom was added in the egg, making the dish unique.

Ever since lockdown, I found new interest of discovering local foodie places whenever I have the opportunity to dine out.

Good bye, April. Look forward to May.

No comments:

Post a Comment