Sunday, August 28, 2022

Happenings in August - Tiger Balm Mosquito Repellent Spray + Nanbantei

Monday 1/8/22

Dengue fever has been on a rise. To protect ourselves when we are in outdoor or non-aircon room, I rely on Tiger Balm Mosquito Repellent Spray (60ml).

It took me awhile to get used to the scent which contains a unique blend of the Tiger Balm formula and citronella oil to keep us safe from mosquito bites. Now I carry it in my bag whenever I head out so that I can spray it at any point of time.

I made a revisit back to Nanbantei @ Chinatown Point for lunch. Nanbantei is one of Singapore's pioneer Yakitori restaurant. Their lunch set specials will always attract my second glance whenever I walk past the restaurant. Do note that the restaurant get crowded during lunch time and the tables are arranged very close together.

I had Salmon Don and add on set which includes salad, tempura and red bean mochi dessert. The tray was full of food that was beautifully plated, it was definitely a sumptuous lunch. I started off with the crunchy salad which was drizzled with savoury sauce that lifted the flavour.

I love that the onsen egg added creaminess to the rice and enhanced the overall taste. The salmon has a nice char and carried a hint of smokiness.

The tempura was airy and revealed the soft interior after biting into the crispy exterior. The mochi was chewy and the red bean added sweetness. 

Wednesday 10/8/22

Met up with GF and Linda for dinner at Ajisen @ Bugis, it has been a few years since I last had Ajisen, really miss their ramen. Thanks girls for the belated birthday gifts. ♥

I had Pork Curry Ramen set ($16.90++) which comes with a choice of side and drink I opt for White Fish and Ice Houjicha. The broth was rich and the spiciness added kick to every mouthful. 

Friday 19/8/22
It has been awhile since I last had buffet as I'm not really a big fan of buffet. We visited J65 @ JEN Singapore Tanglin during lunch hour because they are having 1-for-1 National Day International Lunch Buffet deal which work out to be $28.5++ per pax. 
I find that the choice of selection was limited so by the third plate, I took the repeated dishes. Some of the selections include spinach, cheese and salmon quiche, puff, breaded prawn, steamed fish, aglio olio, nyonya kueh and vanilla ice cream cup. A filling lunch with my coli to welcome the weekend.

Wednesday 24/8/22

We traveled down to Vivo City for lunch at Fish & Co., a casual, family restaurant chain serving fresh seafood in a pan.

I had Best Fish & Chips (Topped with Lemon Butter Sauce). The portion was petite size as it was for lunch special which comes with a choice of drink. For the price of $9.95++, I think the portion was still decent. 

Friday 26/8/22

August has a month filled with good food. I have buffet lunch twice in a month, this time round we went The Landmark Restaurant @ Village Hotel Bugis.
The Landmark Restaurant offers a wide array of International, Local Delights, Western, Seafood and Indian cuisines. I love the buffet spread here, thanks boss for the treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment