Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Happenings in September - Saizeriya + Wedding Dinner + The King Louis Grill & Bar

Sunday 3/9/17

It was an impromptu decision to meet up with my relatives for dinner. We asked each other out at 4 and met up at 5 plus. We went to Bendemeer area to try out their zi char.

Here were some of the dishes we ordered.
There were 11 of us including 2 children. When come to large group, we always love having zi char for dinner because we can get to order lots of food for sharing at reasonable pricing.

Little Amber was feeding her mum with food.

Playing with Aiden made me so happy.

Amber with great grandmother.
Wow, 4 generation having dinner together. We love having family dinner like that, the more the merrier.

Tuesday 12/9/17

Met up with GF for dinner at Saizeriya @ Chinatown Point. Once in awhile, we will meet up for dinner so that we have more time to catch up with each other compared to the short 1 hour lunch. 

I ordered my all time favourite carbonara at $5.90++.
We don't need expensive food to fill our stomach, just comfort food and a place to settle down where we can chat all night long.

We also ordered crispy chicken for sharing.
It was never a boring moment when we met up because we always have endless stuffs to chat about. We enjoyed the dinner date.

Wednesday 13/9/17

Today's lunch was at Tampopo @ Liang Court again. I tried on different selection every time I came here. 

All 4 of us tried on BP Tonkatsu Ramen.
The ramen tasted flavoursome with the right level of spiciness, not too spicy but enough for the flavour to kick in. The crispy tonkatsu added a crunch to the flavour too.

Thursday 14/9/17

Finally met up with Linda whom I haven't seen for a long time due to our busy schedule. We took the opportunity to meet up and catch up with one another.

Both of us were in black dress coincidentally. 
We shared with each other about our latest happenings and her overseas trip experience and upcoming trip.

We went to 1983 - A taste of Nanyang @ Marina Bay Sands.
We had charcoal chicken burger with fries. The burger was great and appetizing. 

Tuesday 19/9/17

Finally it was my meeting day with bf, I was super looking forward to the day. We managed to endure past this long period without meeting, dating days are coming. A little time apart makes us long for the reunion.

As bf has cravings for xiao long bao, we decided to went Din Tai Fung for dinner.

Both of us ordered fried rice with egg ($7.80++).
The fried rice used simple ingredients such as rice, eggs, and spring onions to create a taste of familiar comfort. Each mouthful allowed us to taste the natural fragrance of the eggs and spring onions.

The minced pork in the xiao long bao was wrapped in a delicate dough skin, I loved the juicy meat filling and the broth that burst out when the skin was broken apart.

Friday 22/9/17

Yes, weekend is coming, I met up with GF for lunch at OKG Express @ Chinatown Point, this place was found and recommended by GF. It was a small eatery that sell affordable meal in a relaxed, casual setting. 

I ordered the braised pork meat rice at $3.80.
I love dining here because of the affordable price and a casual place where we can chat after finishing our meal without being chased away. This will be a regular meetup place for our lunch time date.

Saturday 23/9/17

It was the first weekend after bf came back, time for weekend outing. Since we have a wedding dinner to attend in the night, we decided to head to Vivo City for lunch and a quick walk before heading back home to change.

We went Menya Musashi for lunch because I have cravings for ramen.


We ordered a ramen set that comes with a ice lemon tea and a plate of fried white fish.

I have red cha shu ramen where the broth was served in authentic taste and level of spiciness was just right for me. I enjoyed every bits of it.

We then made our way to McDonald for my favourite ice cream, I just got addicted to their McFlurry that I keep coming for back more. We tried out their limited period Chendol McFlurry at $3. It tasted flavourful with the pandan jelly and shredded coconut, a creamier version of chendol. As McDonald was having 1 for 1 Chendol McFlurry, each of us have one to ourselves but we couldn't finish it as it was too much and too gelat towards the end.

We attended Jin Sheng's wedding dinner held at Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre. I wore a maxi dress to look more dressed up for the occasion, no need to worry about sitting cross leg too. I love this maxi dress as it looked elegant and I see myself wearing it out again. 

It's been awhile since I last doll up for occasion. Everything was done except my hair because I am running short of time to style my hair. But I still look okay right?

Crabmeat and fish maw in thick superior broth.

I actually prefer attending wedding lunch then wedding dinner because wedding dinner tend to drag and took a longer time in serving the dishes.

Sunday 24/9/17

We went to Vivo City for dinner after settling our issues. We chanced upon Central Hong Kong Cafe while walking around and decided to try it as we have never tried before and also to reminisce our time in Hong Kong. 

I felt so sad, I accidentally deleted the photo of the food I ate that day except for the dessert, so I have lesser photos to show you guys. 

We have Mango Pomelo ($4++) for dessert. It was a delectable indulgence and one of the nicest mango pomelo I have tried.

Tuesday 26/9/17

Today was a special occasion so we decided to have a good meal together. Things did not turn out as positive as we wish it to be. What we thought was a good meal turn out to be my worse meal ever. A lonely and wore out feeling.

We have our dinner at The King Louis Grill & Bar, a place that provides us a good view of Sentosa. The restaurant was very chilling and quiet, just like our moods.

The King Louis Grill & Bar is having a 2 for 1 main course promotion. We ordered carbonara and fish n chips, and select curly fries as our free course. The carbonara was not to my liking as I feel gelat after a few mouthful. 

The curly fries on the other hand, tasted delicious. It was crispy and flavourful. The portion given was generous.

Wednesday 27/9/17

I guessed I ate too heaty food lately, my cough didn't seem to be healing so I went to see a doctor to get the medicine.


After seeing the doctor, we went to the coffeeshop below the clinic and have roti prata for dinner. I have one plain and one egg prata. The prata was nice and doughy. I will come back for the prata again.

No comments:

Post a Comment