Saturday, July 29, 2017

Happenings in July - National Gallery Singapore + Dolce Tokyo + Equilibrium

Sunday 2/7/17

Since we have slightly longer time spent together today, we decided to go for outing. 

I started to feel hungry as I only have some light bites for lunch. We went to 4Fingers at Marina Square and ordered a 6 pieces wings combo meal at $10.95 for sharing. It's already 4.30pm so we didn't want to have something heavy.

The crispy chicken wings has a crunchy skin and succulent meat.

We passed by National Gallery Singapore, a beautiful colonial-looking museum that housed collection of modern art in Singapore and Southeast Asia. Having passed by the museum for a couple of times, I have never stepped foot into the museum. So we decided to check out the exhibition in National Gallery Singapore.

Yayoi Kusama's exhibition is on going, that explained why the museum was packed with people. We didn't went for Yayoi Kusama's exhibition because it was already 5 plus and the museum will closed at 7pm, so we just hang around and visit some of the quick exhibition. 

See what see?
Never see people in jail before is it?

Children's Biennale

The exhibition for the young and young at heart. This is a collaboration between Yayoi Kusama and Queensland Art Gallery. This place is great for nice pictures and OOTD. The room was decorated with colourful stickers that created the polka dots theme.

The polka dots created a fun vibes to the room, every corner of the room was a perfect background for photo taking.

Leaving our footsteps behind.

Even the furniture was decorated in polka dots, a diversify colour in the room that brings out the creativity. It is definitely worth visiting just for the pictures.

Our polka dots journey ended, it was a great evening for us.
National Gallery Singapore is not just a museum with great architecture, the exhibition is fascinating too.

Spotted the back view of Stamford Raffles' Statute. 

We went back to my neighbourhood hawker centre for dinner, having our favourite avocado milkshake and Hokkien mee. I love to spend my Sunday like that. 

Friday 7/7/17

Welcoming the first Friday of July, I am getting excited because I will be flying off to Hong Kong in one week time. 8 more days to my next getaway. Before my trip, I am back again for with some sharing of my happenings in July.

We have our lunch over at Dolce Tokyo @ Bugis Junction level 3. Dolce Tokyo is a fusion cafe of Japanese and Italian cuisine.

I tried their curry rice. Everything was great except their serving was very slow for mine. My kakis were half way finishing with the food while mine just arrived. The waiting was so long, I have to check on my order a couple of times before my food arrived.

I have a cup of tea after the meal to wash away the greasiness of the curry rice.

In the evening, I went back to school to pick up my new semester textbooks. My bag was super heavy, I have 3 textbooks for my 3 modules next semester. 

After the collection, we went Clementi Market & Food Centre for dinner and I have a bowl of ba chor mee. I didn't manage to finish all because it was too spicy to my liking.

We ordered fried oyster omelette for sharing. 
Hokkien mee and fried oyster omelette is like a must order everytime he went to hawker centre.

Saturday 8/7/17

Today we decided to hang around at Bugis area and did some preparation for our trip. After settling our stuff, we just lazed around at Bugis. Running out of places to walk, we went to find a place to rest our feet and talked about some of our issues.

Bf suggested to go Fish & Co for their dessert, I picked on hot chocolate fudge cake with ice cream. Ice cream is always on my list of pick. Take some of the hot and cold dessert and ate it together, this combination tasted yummy.

I have cravings for fries so I wanted to eat Long John Silver for dinner. On our way back, we met CY and have a short chat while on our way home.

Thursday 13/7/17

Today's lunch was at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. We love dining at Coffee Bean is because they served all day breakfast. I am not really someone who will wake up early for breakfast so the all day breakfast menu allows me to try their extensive breakfast set.

Their breakfast set comes with a cup of coffee or tea. I opt for a cup of green tea.

I ordered my all time favourite - Brek O' Day that comes with salad, scramble eggs, sausages and sourdough. The bread was well toasted and tasted delicious when spread with butter. My ideal type of breakfast I wish I have everyday.

Friday 14/7/17

Down to my last waiting day before my holiday begins. Vacation is coming nearer and nearer. I kept glancing at my watch and counting down to the time where we will meet up with one another.

Lunch was at Yayoi @ Liang Court. I have oyako jyu which is chicken with scrambled egg on rice at $12.50++.

In the night, I met up wtih GF for dinner at KFC @ Cineleisure. She was sharing with me on the places of interest to visit in Hong Kong. We have an enjoyable catch up over the meal. We didn't stay long and parted at nearly 9pm because I need to head home and pack my luggage which I haven't done so.

Sunday 23/7/17

I'm back to Singapore after my 8 days trip to Hong Kong. Aunt and KP came over to our house for dinner, just nice I can pass her the souvenirs I gotten for her in Hong Kong.

After dinner, we went to McDonald to try the newly launched Chendol Melaka Ice Cream.
With a week of fun, I'm ready to head back to work tomorrow.


Tuesday 25/7/17

The first thing that I want to eat when I came back from Hong Kong is Nasi Lemak burger before the seasonal sales ended.


Can't wait to sink my teeth on the Nasi Lemak burger set.
The burger consists of cornflakes-coated fried chicken thigh patty, spiced coconut marinade, fried egg, onions and cucumber slices, sandwiched between semolina buns. The fried chicken has a crispy exterior and tender interior. The criss cross fries was so addictive that I couldn't stopped eating. I felt super full after gobbling it and left no space for coconut pie. I have it for my tea break instead.


Friday 28/7/17

We grabbed car down to Capitol Piazza for lunch. Capitol Piazza is a place to visit for lunch, the place offers a stretch of restaurants that offers set lunch menu at below $15++.  We wanted to try the set lunch at Equilibrium (by Supply & Demand). Their set lunch is priced from $13.90++ onward.

Equilibrium is an Italian restaurant inspired by the flavours served in the bacaros of Venice, offering exceptional taste with ambience and affordability.

Every set comes with small bite of the day, petite antipasto of the day, cheese of the day and handmade bread.

For my main course, I picked Pollo Cremoso. The pasta was simmered in a rich creamy sauce with chicken and mushroom, toppled with shaved Parmesan. I always prefer creamy sauce than tomato based sauce. Creamy sauce tasted delicious, however after awhile, it can get very gelat.

Saturday 29/7/17

After parting with the girls, I went over to Jurong Point to laze our day. Our initial plan was to travel to JB for dinner and movie. However, I ended my schedule late so we changed our plan and meet at Jurong Point instead.

We passed by Hong Kong Street, we missed Hong Kong so much. We were still in Hong Kong a week ago. Now we can only come to this Hong Kong Street in Jurong Point to reminisce the good times. 

As Swensen was having 1 for 1 main course promotion, it was super worth it to have it during such promotion because 2 main course only cost us $20. I have crispy cornflakes chicken for my main course. The tenderly and moist boneless chicken was generously coated in with crispy golden cornflakes that gave extra crunch in every bite. It was accompanied with fries and salad.

After the dinner, we proceeded for the movie, Spider-Man Homecoming. I was a bit disappointed with the movie, it was draggy and suspense is not enough. Not worth paying to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment