Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Happenings in November - Fantastic Beast + SG-JP Music Mix 2016

Wednesday 2/11/16

After a hearty dinner at Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe, V and I headed over to The Cathay for a movie. We decided to watch 'Doctor Strange'.

A former neurosurgeon, Dr. Stephan Strange, has a successful career until a devastating car accident changed his life. His hands are ruined which left him having trembling hands. He could never become a doctor again.

He embarks on a journey of healing only to be drawn into the world of the mystic arts.

The Ancient One shows him the world he never thought will exist. This makes Strange regained hopes that he could actually recover and live back his old lives. I must say the visual effects was stunning.

Strange is known for not following rules and he went overboard by stealing the sacred books and cast forbidden magic. He then learnt about Kaecilius, The Ancient One’s former student, and the mission of the group.

The movie placed a lot of emphasis on the graphic from the stunning landscape to twirling fold to the magic. The action packed scene will keep your eyes glued to the screen. Overall, it's still a nice movie. This is quite different from other Marvel's movies. People who likes action packed movie and visual effect will like this movie.

Thursday 3/11/16

Make a journey to the east to Changi Village for a relaxing afternoon.

Nice sea view. I always love being near the beach, admiring the view.

I was back to bowling alley, it has been 3 years since my last bowling session.
We played 2 rounds of bowling session. My skill started to pick up after a few rounds of going into the drain. Overall, I have an enjoyable time playing bowling with the team and watching others played too.

Sunday 27/11/16

Headed over to VivoCity for our Sunday date. After rounds of walking, we went to Honeymoon Dessert for sweet cold treats. I haven't eat this for a long time, I miss their traditional Hong Kong desserts.

I have coconut juice sago & grass jelly with green tea ice cream.
I like this very much as it has a well balance of sweetness from the coconut juice sago and strong flavour of green tea ice cream.

Dinner was settled at Menya Musashi.
Menya Musashi offer a selection of 3 soup bases for their ramen – White (original), Black (infused with garlic oil) and Red (spicy) to suit the different taste buds of the diners. I always go for the white base as I love their flavourful broth.

After dinner, it's time for movie - Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them.

Fantastic Beasts is the first prequel of a series of films based on the companion books to J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

Being a fan of Harry Potter series, how can I give this movie a miss?
The movie took place in New York in 1926, 70 years before the Harry Potter enrolled at Hogwarts. Newton Scamander had been travelling the world in research of magical creatures, he entered New York and the magical journey began.

I find that the movie is just so-so only, not really that fantastic as compared to Harry Potter series. Nevertheless, I still have a great weekend spent. A perfect way to end of my Sunday and start of school holiday.

Wednesday 30/11/16

Meeting up with the girls again for consecutively 2 days.

We were here at The Victoria Theatre and Concert Hall for a concert - SG-JP Music Mix 2016. My first visit to to Victoria Theatre.

SG-JP Music Mix 2016 is a collaboration between Singapore and Japan to celebrate the 50th anniversary of diplomacy. The performing artistes have a mixture of the musicians from Singapore and Japan.

We were seated early.
Among the performing artistes, 3 are from Singapore and 2 are from Japan. They are Olivia Ong, Dick Lee, Shabir, Hideki Togi and Sachiyo.

With Tracy. Thanks for bringing me along to this concert.

We enjoyed the second segment where many of the familiar songs like 新加坡派, 细水长流, Rasa Sayang, Chan Mali Chan and Home were sang.

Feel so good that exam is over, I could go out freely without having the need to rush home and continue my studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment