Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Happenings in October - A Star Is Born + The Edwards Twins Show

Friday 19/10/18

We welcome our weekend with a hearty lunch on Friday's lunch. We went to our regular makan place, Yayoi @ Liang Court.

I had Teriyaki Chicken Teishoku ($13.90++) where the chicken chop was served in teriyaki sauce. The meat was very tender and tasted flavourful together with the sauce.

Saturday 20/10/18

After FabLife event ended, Tracy, GF and I went over to North Bridge Road Market for lunch.

I opt for Bak Chor Mee. Chili was added and tossed together with the noodles, giving the noodles a spicy hint with every bites.

After our lunch, we went to Encik Tan for some girl talks which we enjoyed a lot. We chatted until it's time for us to part for our individual dates. 
Headed over to VivoCity to catch a movie. Before the movie started, we went for dinner at Tai Lei Loi Kei.

I have tried on the Pork Chop Noodle previously, hence this time round, I tried on Bouncy Noodle with Chicken Chop ($7.90+). The bowl comes with a generous portion of meat which was really satisfying.

It was both our first time watching movie at Golden Village’s Gold Class cinema. Thanks DBS for the movie vouchers, I used the voucher for the movie, A Star Is Born. The theatre was a small and cosy one with only 24 seats. We enjoyed the movie sitting on Nappa leather-clad recliners with a Gold Class blanket, it was so comfortable.

A Star Is Born tells a love story of between a musician, Jackson Maine (Bradley Cooper), and a young singer-to-be, Ally (LAdy Gaga). She was about to give up her dream until Jack coaxes her into the spotlight. But as Ally's career takes off, their relationship is breaking down as Jack is battling drug and alcohol addiction.

I never know that Lady Gaga could act so well, bringing the character out. Their vocal performance was amazing, I found my new favourite duet song from the movie. It has a sad ending, two person in love can't be together and everyone was tearing. How do I know was because while I was at the toilet, all the ladies in the toilet were crying their heart out while queuing for their turn.

Monday 22/10/18

Today was yet another relaxing day at Bay Easy Garden.

We always love traveling to see the beautiful scenery that the country offers, but before I go on that trip, let's see the beautiful scenery that my country offers.

I took up water colour painting class where we learnt painting method using pigments suspended in a water-based solution.

The end product I created.
The water colour painting not really very well done, but still not too bad for beginner I guess. I love this colour combination which I mix using red and blue pigment.

Wednesday 24/10/18

I met up with GF for dinner at HarbourFront Centre before making our way to Resorts World Sentosa for a show. We took this opportunity to share with each other our upcoming staycation or trip as well as heart to heart talk. Lately, I felt that my life has been piled up with many uncertainty and insecurity, I need a listening ears to share my problems before these problems start to engulf me.

Together with Linda, we were now inside Resorts World Theatre for The Edwards Twins Show. It's been a long time since I last met Linda which was during GF's solemnization in February. Thanks GF for the tickets.

Meet the Edwards Twins, Las Vegas’ number one impersonators of all time. 
Many legendary superstars come alive that night with each star singing their number 1 hits.

Thursday 25/10/18

I met up with GF again to attend a briefing. Both of us were selected for a 8 weeks campaign with SU:M37°. The briefing was held at Centennial Tower.

I have a great view of our iconic Singapore Flyer, it was a feast for our eyes. We slowly watched the view changed as the sky turned from blue to dark.

We have some light refreshment before the start of the briefing. The refreshment tasted really nice, I love the tarts especially.

Su:m37 is a naturally fermented skincare brand that contains the vitality of nature. Su:m means “to breathe” in Korean while 37 represent the optimal human body temperature. The essence that goes into every su:m37 product is derived from extract of more than 80 types of local plant varieties and maintained at a temperature of 37˚C throughout the one year. What beats letting our skin absorbed the natural ingredients and feel good from within. 

My first thought about su:m37 is that it must be another raving brands because K-beauty brands have always been the best selling products in the market. Secret Essence is definitely Su:m37’s star products. Secret Essence helps to strengthen the original power of our skin, allowing our skin to wake up every day with the condensed secret energy of natural fermentation and creating silky skin texture.

Friday 26/10/18

The weekend is about to come, I have been looking forward and not so looking forward to this weekend. Looking forward because I have a long weekend as I have booked a 3D2N staycation in JB, not so looking forward because I have a presentation tomorrow where I have to present in front of 200 people.

We went to Cafe & Meal MUJI @ Plaza Singapura for lunch again. This time round, I opt for Sakura Chicken with Curry Miso and Dried Chilli (hot deli) and Smoked Duck and Honey Sesame Duo Sweet Potato Salad (cold deli).

Saturday 27/10/18

Finally comes the day for my final presentation. There were a total of 9 classes, so 9 groups will be presenting. After drawing lots, we were the third group to present. This cohort was really a competitive one, every group was out there to win and the audience kept shooting questions to the presenting group (because of participation marks). I'm glad we did it, we conquered our fear to present in front of 200 people. 

Our school catered a lunch bento for us. Our class started at 9am and ended at 3.30pm.

A group photo with my team - Wee Ern, Henry, Jing Rui and I. Missing Nisha who left after the lunch and Say Loong who couldn't join us for the presentation. Good job, guys. We are finally done with the hardest module. 

We have our dinner at Ajisen Ramen. We ordered the ramen set which comes with a drink and side dish, we selected Fried Gyoza and Fried White Fish.

I had Chicken Cutlet Miso Ramen ($17.90++).
Ajisen Ramen is famous for its rich pork broth which captures the essence after hours of boiling, it brought out the flavour of the broth.

Wednesday 31/10/18

I met up with Jeremy for lunch today, it's been a long time since we last have lunch together. We had lunch at our Sunny Japanese @ The Central.


I have Teriyaki Chicken Rice. 
Thanks Jeremy for the lunch treat, my treat next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment