Sunday, June 30, 2019

Happenings in June - Typhoon Cafe + Friend's Gathering

Saturday 15/6/19

I have been exploring Tanjong Pagar area recently. This time round, I tried on the Japanese food at Tendon Itsuki, an outlet under Ramen Keisuke.

The outlet is a very small area with only 24-seater and most of the seats are counter bar facing the kitchen, you are expected to eat and go. Tendon Itsuki only offers 2 choices of tendon in their menu, hence it makes selection a lot easier.

Tendon comes with a steam egg. The chawanmushi was very smooth and delicate that literally melt in my mouth.

I had Special Tendon ($13.90) which consists of 2 pieces of prawn, 2 pieces of chicken, half-boiled Egg and 4 pieces of vegetables together with miso soup. The fresh ingredients were served in special porcelain bowls by Arita - a 400 year-old porcelain brand from Japan. 

I also ordered a cup of green tea to ease the greasiness of the tendon.

The ingredients contained all the crispy fried food, though sinful but it was nice. The chicken breast maintained juiciness in the inner while the exterior remained crispy texture.


Sunday 16/6/19

Early in the morning, my MP came over to do house visiting.

And in the late afternoon, 10th floor aunt brought us egglet which was very fluffy and crispy. We ate a bit of it before heading out to our favourite zichar place for Father's Day dinner. Though we sort of celebrated last week, since mummy never cook today, we went out to eat again.

We reached at about 6pm and I started off with an coconut ice cream.

A plate of Kai Lan to go with our meal. The vegetables had a good crunch which added texture to our meal. 

Instead of the usual curry fish head, we went for fish soup since it was only 4 of us today. There were plenty of ingredients in the soup. I gulped down the flavourful soup mouth after mouth.


Friday 21/6/19

Right after our event ended, we went Hokkaido Marche @ Orchard Central for dinner.

I settled for Special Oyako Don ($11) from Donburi Mayura, originated from Hokkaido Sapporo. I love how the runny yolk burst and spread the egg yolk into the chicken and absorbed in rice, enriching the flavour.


Saturday 22/6/19

Satisfied my cravings with curly fries from Chickaboo, I wanted to have Chickaboo for the longest time.

I opt for the chicken and fish combo with 2 side dishes to choose from. I chose curly fries and cream of chicken soup. I missed the curly fries the most. It's my turn to treat for the dinner.

After the dinner, I went to Gardens by the Bay again. It was really crowded due to the carnival. 

I caught the light show in action again. 
The light show at Gardens by the Bay is instagrammable, so many people waited every evening to capture this moment.


Sunday 30/6/19

We came here for dinner again, it showed how much we love the food here. We dropped by here at least once a month. Apart from the usual dishes that we normally ordered, we tried 2 different dishes.

The prawn omelette was requested by dad, it was a delightful dish added to our dinner. The omelette was fluffy and crunchy with the mixture of onions and prawns in it

The pork ribs were served in a swan like bowl that captivated us with its appearance and fragrance. It has good mix of lean meat and fats, do be careful of the bones too.

This marked the end of my June's updates. Good bye, June.

No comments:

Post a Comment