Monday, January 15, 2018

Taiwan Day 3 Part 2: Taichung - Xinshe Castle + Carton King + Rainbow Village + Wang Gao Liao

I have lost majority of my Taiwan's trip photos due to thumbdrive corrupted, and here are the only photos that I managed to retrieve back. The food, scenery and selfie photos are all gone. Hence, from this post onwards, I only have limited photos for sharing. Despite that, I still want to document down whatever I could remember about the trip.

***

After the lunch, we traveled down to Xinshe Castle which was just 2 minutes drive from Mushroom Garden. It was about 1.20pm when we reached Xinshe Castle (Summit Resort, 新社古堡). The entrance fee was NT$250 (or S$11.57) which comes with NT$100 to offset our purchase in the castle.

The temperature was warming up in the afternoon, hence I shed off my sweater.
Despite being in the winter season, we still found a tree with red and yellow leaves left from the fall. It was so beautiful, even spectacular if all the trees were filled with red and yellow leaves.

With the charming European style mansion, lake and romantic garden as a backdrop, Xinshe Castle is like fairy-tale fantasy brought to life. Every corner of the castle was picturesque. How I wish I could live in such a castle and accomplished my dream of becoming a princess. I'm sure all the girls have this fantasy of being a princess when we were young.

All structures here were made of red stone blocks. It was a relaxing afternoon taking a stroll at Xinshe Castle, away from the crowds and bustle of the city.

My clothes were made of thicker fabrics, it kept me warm and cozy without the need to put on sweater in the afternoon. So glad that I brought my sunglasses along to, it helped me blocked off the bright sunlight.

We climbed to the top of the castle and were greeted by the marvelous view of the greenery and mountains, we also imagined ourselves being the knight guarding the defensive tower of the castle. The surroundings were stunning and serene. I enjoyed every moment of this trip, it was filled with many unforgettable sights and new experiences.

Standing here, enjoying the chilly breeze and the scenery ahead made me feel peaceful. The best photography spots are around the tranquil lake, it captured the panoramic view and the beauty of the castle.
*photo courtesy from bro.

We also purchased 2 packets of fish food from the vending machine to feed the fishes in the lake. Once you threw the food into the lake, you can see 10-20 fishes surfacing the top of the water to snatch the food. It was fun feeding the fishes.

We used our vouchers to exchange for 2 Ice Black Tea and sat by the bench enjoying our drinks. We just sit and relax as the time ticked by. We took one last photo of the beautiful castle before leaving to the next attraction of Taichung.

Xinshe Castle 新社古堡
No. 65號, Xiezhong Street, Xinshe District, Taichung City, Taiwan 426
Operating hours: 9am to 6pm daily
Entrance fee: NT$250 

No comments:

Post a Comment