Saturday, September 26, 2020

Happenings in September - Beauty and Food Review

Saturday 5/9/20

Hello September. I began the month by trying out various new products.

In one of my birthday gifts, I received Cocolicious Luscious Lip Scrub from Handmade Hero. I used before face scrub, body scrub and hair scrub, but this was my first time using a lip scrub.

The Cocolicious Luscious Lip Scrub contained scrubby bits that will exfoliate and rehydrate our lip. I always have chapped lips, so after the application, my lip become soft and smooth.

One Fullerton has been a popular spot for dinning as the location houses many restaurants that offers waterfront view. Having been here for numerous times, I have never dine here before. It's time for me to uncover this area again. 

OverEasy has an al fresco dining area which allows diners to oversee the view of Marina Bay skyline. However, due to the drizzling rain, the al fresco area was not opened up.

OverEasy brings a classic American diner experience in the heart of Singapore. The interior reflects a modern interpretation with the vibrant spirit of the 1960s and ‘70s of stateside. As the sign "Best burgers in Singapore" suggested, we know what to order for dinner. Met up with my friend, J, for dinner here.

I had Buttermilk Fried Chicken Burger ($24++) for my main course. The burger was served with truffle fries. I was surprised by the huge chicken patty that was sandwiched in the middle of the bun.

The plate looked so inviting and I can't wait to sink my teeth into the burger. The fried chicken has an extremely crispy skin while the meat remained juicy. 

Thursday 17/9/20

I have been a regular customer for Grab delivery, the frequency was at least once after fortnight. We tried something new today.

I ordered Omelette Rice with Fried Fish from a Japanese and Korean eatery. I kinda of miss Japanese food so I decided to order this. 

Saturday 19/9/20
Sis V got granny a rainbow cake from Swee Heng 1989 because granny's birthday is coming. Thanks so much for pampering our family with all these foodies.

Sunday 20/9/20

Due to the no more than 5 people policy of dining out, we held a mini birthday celebration for granny at home with only a few relatives invited. 

We ordered Pizza Hut and tabao some food from food centre for the feast at home.
Pizza Hut was having promotion where we can get 2 pizzas at 50% off, so I also bought the pizza for Sis Vivien's family and my neighbour who always pamper our family with foodie.

What's birthday celebration without cake?
Sis got granny a durian cake.

Happy 81th birthday to granny.
Though this year celebration was not as grand as the previous years, it was definitely a cozy one.

Monday 21/9/20

Premium Immune Formula, 'ensoom' is the health supplement to reach for if you are looking to strengthen your immune system. This is just what I need during this pandemic crisis. 

The product comes in a package of 10 sticks that is easy to store and consume. Just take 1 stick a day. The thick liquid texture contains 27 nutrients which includes Korean Red Ginseng. 

The first taste that hits me is the notorious bitterness coming from the ginseng. I’m glad there is honey and royal jelly concentrate in it to help balance out the bitterness. It took me quite a few sips to get use to the taste. By the second or third stick, I was already used to the taste. If you are afraid of bitterness, you might want to mix the product with water to reduce the bitterness. 

Thanks 0.8L Singapore for sending the supplement over to give my immune system a boost and allow my body to absorb the 27 nutrients in it.

To delay ageing, we need a powerful and effective skincare product that tackle anti-aging. I was introduced to Estee Launder Advanced Night Repair Serum which delivers fast repair and youth generating power. The fragrance-free serum has a thick watery texture which is fast absorbed into skin, leaving my skin feeling smooth and supple after the application.

Just apply a full dropper of the serum to the palm of hand and massage onto our face. I like how Advanced Night Repair Serum keeps my skin hydrated and moist for long hours. I could still see radiance on my skin when I woke up the next morning.

I have switched to use Lily Of The Valley Bath Cream from Floral Collection. It is formulated to be moisture rich, the bath cream will leave a lovely fragrance.

Saturday 26/9/20

Today was a cafe hopping day. Right after the food tasting at Qi Philosophy Cafe, I went down to meet another group of friend at Japan Rail Cafe located at Guoco Tower, Tanjong Pagar.

Japan Rail Cafe Singapore is the world’s first railway-themed cafe operated by JR East where the cafe provides JR Pass services, retail products, and a dining place that serves authentic Japanese cuisine, drinks, alcohol, and desserts.

I had Ice Kyoto Uji Matcha Latte. The matcha latte contained a strong and rich green tea fragrance, it was toppled with whipped cream which added sweetness to the bittersweet matcha taste.

I had Twin Flavored Crispy Chicken Don served with miso soup. Paired up the  chicken namban with tartar sauce and Japanese grated radish for a balance meal.

I was feeling really full after the meal and need a walk to digest. We headed over to Garden By The Bay to view the mid autumn festival decorations. What we didn't expect was the crowds there, it was super crowded with people. It was definitely not a wise idea to come in contact with so many people. 

The decorations have scaled down a lot this year. Nevertheless, it still attracted the large crowds to Garden By The Bay even on a drizzling day.

There was also a stretch of different designs of rat decorations. 
I just took photo of one of these designs because I wanted to fasten my pace to seek shelter.

Now that September has come to an end, I am dragging October because it was be another tough month. Jiayou.

No comments:

Post a Comment