Saturday, September 23, 2023

Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) Day 4: Checking Out Of The Hammock Hotel + Airport

It was yet another sleepless night. Despite the weariness, I still can't sleep. Not sure if it was due to change in hotel, the sound of the window blinds tapping against the wall, or other factors. It resulted in me waking up early.



We took a Grab ride back to Tan Son Nhat International Airport which cost 195,000VND (or S$11.14) for 35 minutes drive. The security guard stationed at the roadside outside our hotel added a warm touch to our stay. He will wave at us when we came back and helped us open the door when we boarded the car.

On our way to the airport, I noticed that as we moved further down, the area seemed to be more well developed than District 1. The presence of more office buildings, lesser roadside stalls and more upscale housing gave a contrast to the scene in District 1.

We reached Tan Son Nhat International Airport at about 12.30pm for our flight at 2.55pm. After checking in, we walked around the airport browsing through last minute buy. I bought two small pack of snacks for my grandmother at 148,000VND (or S$8.46). The things at airport were very expensive.

I got a bottle of mineral water from one of the shops at the waiting area at 40,000VND (or S$2.29).

Our plane got delayed by 50 minutes, so we decided to open up our snack to munch on. I had Nabati Raspberry Waffle that I gotten from 7-Eleven the other day at only 9,000VND (or S$0.51).

Excitement coursed through me when the airplane ascended at about 3.45pm, revealing the cityscape through the window seat. The pilot informed us that the flying time back would take about 1 hour 40 minutes. Goodbye, Ho Chi Minh City.

When there was no entertainment on plane, the thing I like to do was gazing out of the airplane window, looking at the passing clouds gliding below us. Flying in late afternoon also means there were ample amount of sunlight filtering in.

The familiar view of Singapore came into sight, we touched down at 6.25pm local time, one hour ahead of Vietnam.

Travel memories are more memorable than other memories. When I did not travel for a long time, I lost the desire to travel. However, once the momentum started, my travel buds are being reignited. You will see me starting to travel more for now onwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment