Sunday, April 29, 2012

Star Awards 2012 Show 2

Happy Sunday everybody. Hope you guys have a nice weekend.

Definitely going to end my Sunday with a blast, to ease away from my Monday Blue. I'm all ready to head out to attend Mediacorp yearly biggest event.
I am sure you have already guess what it is. Yes you are right, it's Star Awards show 2.

This is my first time attending Star Awards live. I'm full of anticipation on how different it will be watching live and on television.

Making my way to Marina Bay Sands.

We were just in time to catch the stars gracing the ceremony.

Established in 1994, Star Awards is a Mediacorp platform to affirm and recognize the contribution of both performing talents as well as the behind-the-scene productionss talents for the past one year.

Star Awards 2012, here we go!

Here with Jasmine, thanks Jasmine for bringing me along ♥

Aww, it's Xiao Gui and Kingone Wang on stage. Both are my favourite Taiwanese artistes, I wish I could go nearer to have a closer look of them.


So many international stars were present at the Star Awards, I can't wait for Jay Park's performance. I'm getting influence by the Kpop fever.

Is the twins from Taiwan - Guo Yan Jun and Guo Yan Fu.
Guo Yan Fu still remembered and reminisce his collaboration with Jeanette Aw few years ago.

Let us take a look at the list of winners for Star Awards show 2:

1. Best Info-Ed Programme: Tuesday Report 2011: Applaud To Life 《星期二特写: 谢幕人生》
2. Best Info-Ed Programme Host: Lee Teng (Let’s Talk 2《你在囧什么?! 2》)
3. Best Newcomer: Kate Pang (A Tale Of 2 Cities《乐在双城》)
4. Best Current Affairs Presenter: Iriana Halim ( Good Morning Singapore《早安您好》), Chun-Ong Guek Lay (Focus《焦点》)
5. Best News Presenter: Tung Soo Hua, Zhang Haijie
6. Best Supporting Actor: Chen Shu Cheng (The Oath《行医》 )
7. Best Supporting Actress: Vivian Lai (Love Thy Neighbour《四个门牌一个梦》 )
8. Best Variety Programme: Renaissance《旧欢. 心爱》
9. Best Variety Show Host: Mark Lee (It’s A Small World II《国记交意所 2》)
10. Best Variety Special: Star Awards 2011 (Show 1) 《银光闪耀 红星大奖2011》
11. Best Drama Serial: On The Fringe《边缘父子》
12. All-Time Favourite Artiste: Tay Ping Hui
13. Best Actor: Tay Ping Hui (Bountiful Blessings《万福楼》)
14. Best Actress: Joanne Peh (A Tale Of 2 Cities《乐在双城》)

Awesome! It's Jay Park performance - Count on Me (Nothing on you).

Beautiful girls all over the world
I could be chasing but my time would be wasted
They got nothing on you baby Nothing on you baby

Jay Park is a Korean-American artist and also the former leader of boy band 2PM. He had sang a total of 3 songs at the awards ceremony.

His second song: Know Your Name

I loved his songs - the songs are nice and catchy. He has great dancing skill too. Why are Koreans all good at dancing, I wanna learn dancing too!!!!

Just be my girlfriend my girlfriend my girlfriend my girl
Be my girlfriend my girlfriend my girlfriend my girl

Yeah, Jay Park is one of the reason why I wanna attend Star Awards.

The most anticipated and highlight of the ceremony is none other than the Top 20 Most Popular Artistes Awards. The result caught many in surprise as many of them were up on stage for the very first time for this award.

Top 10 Most Popular Male Artistes:
Bryan Wong
Elvin Ng
Chen Han Wei
Zhang Yao Dong
Pierre Png
Zheng Ge Ping
Qi Yu Wu
Ben Yeo
Dasmond Koh
Dennis Chew

Top 10 Most Popular Female Artistes:
Rebecca Lim
Yvonne Lim
Rui En
Kim Ng
Vivian Lai
Paige Chua
Jeanette Aw
Cynthia Koh
Joanne Peh
Ann Kok

The 3 hours award ceremony had officially ended. While waiting for the crowds to disperse, lets had one last shot.

Qi Yuwu's fans had a little surprise for him.

We did not manage to catch the stars as they went for the celebratory post-show party.

Aww, we saw Huang Shi Nan before we left the ballroom.

Congratulations to all the award winners, you guys have did a great job. We look forward to more quality dramas from Mediacorp.

No comments:

Post a Comment