Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) Day 4: Shopping + Home Sweet Home

I have a good sleep yesterday night that made me don't want to wake up when the alarm rang at 7.30am. It was the only night I slept through without waking up, perhaps I was wear out from yesterday activity.

Time flew so fast, it was our last day in Ho Chi Minh City. Therefore, it was a free and easy itinerary at our own pace today.

It was 8.20am and we were ready to head down for breakfast.

One thing that made me look forward to start the day was to enjoy the breakfast buffet at the hotel lobby. A hearty breakfast is what I enjoyed and the food selections available was just perfect for my indulgence. 

The pumpkin soup was flavourful and comforting to have in the morning, while the croissant has a light and buttery taste.

Time was 9.40am and we headed out to Ben Thanh Market to see if there is any more last minute buy. Both of us bought a pack of sweet potato chips at 50,000VND (or S$2.98).

Linda went back to the shop to change the colour of the backpack she bought yesterday. Fortunately, the shop owner allowed her to change. 

After which, we walked over to Taka Plaza which was 6 minutes walk away from Ben Thanh Market to sweep the loots. I got a dress from the mall, finally got another item for myself. Throughout this trip, I only got myself 2 items (excluding snacks) for myself, the others are gifts to others.

Our last stop before returning back to hotel was the pastry shop to get some more snacks. I got another pack of snack for my grandma.

Time to head back to our hotel. This was the street where our hotel was situated, our hotel is right besides the red signboard.

It was 11.30am, another half an hour to pack and rest before checking out. My luggage was all filled with snacks, the things I bought most during this trip.

I was done packing up and enjoy my rest time. Though reluctant to go back and face the stress from the society, there is no way I can run away from the responsibility. Hence, going on a getaway will ease my mind and sort out the emotions.

Here's my loots for my family, friends and colleagues.

I got this snack for my Grandma.

I got a pack of tibit for myself which I gotten from Circle K.

Linda was going back home with her new bag.

We wished our overseas stay was longer because we don't want to head back to the hustle and bustle of Singapore. We need another escape from the reality soon.

It was a pleasant stay at Sanouva Saigon Hotel with ease of exploration of  Ho Chi Minh City. The reason why I choose Ho Chi Minh City for my travel is because I have never been to Vietnam and Ho Chi Minh City will be a good place to start with. Furthermore, the air tickets are not expensive too. A good destination for short getaway.

We reached Tan Son Nhat International Airport at 12.40pm after half an hour ride. We requested the hotel to fetch us a cab and we took Vinasun Taxi, the taxi fare to airport was 116,000VND (or S$6.90). The two taxi companies that we took and can be trusted are Vinasun Taxi and Mai Linh Taxi.

We settled our check-in registration within an hour at 1.20pm. Time to grab some bites for lunch.

We settled for Burger King, the food at airport was so expensive. We only ordered 2 piece fried chicken and a packet of rice, it already cost (or S$9.76). No choice, we need something to fill our stomach. The fried chicken has a crispy batter and succulent meat but in our opinion, we preferred the one we had in McDonald yesterday.

We boarded the plane at 2.40pm, bidding goodbye to Ho Chi Minh City. Overall, it is a nice city to visit but I will not be back to this city so soon again. If I visit Vietnam, it will probably be other cities such as Hanoi, Danang or Hoi An.

Getting a window seat for myself because I wanted to admire the endless fluffy clouds. The thick white clouds were streaming below us as I looked out to the window. The view was simply amazing.

We touched down at Singapore at 6pm (local time). Thanks Scoot for the safe flight home.
Not sure when my next destination will be because I don't have any plan for traveling at the moment. I will press on till then.

My Ho Chi Minh City travelogue has come to an end. Good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment