Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Happenings in November - Fish Tales + Quinn's 100 Days Celebration + Art Jamming

Sunday 4/11/18

For my weekend in November, I just spent my time at home revising for my upcoming exam if there is no gathering. But this evening, I was heading to my cousin's place for his house warming party at Bedok. We were one of the earliest guests to reach because my parents were the anxious who want to reach early for all family gathering.


Soon after the buffet was setup, we proceeded for early dinner. Eat fast so that we can make space for others to eat at the table later on. The catering has quite a yummy spread.

After the dinner, I went to Aiden's play room for a rest as the living room was crowded with people. Aiden was glued to his show too and sat down obediently to watch.

Tuesday 6/11/18

It's Deepavali, a public holiday for us. I took this opportunity to meet up with Linda in town to plan on our upcoming trip and she also passed me my belated birthday gifts.

Since Orchard is crowded with people during lunch hours, I recommended to have our lunch at Scape, we settled for Fish Tales. I have chosen this place because the price on menu is net price, no GST and service charge.

Thanks Linda for being on and agree to go on this overseas trip even though I jio you just a month before the trip. I'm glad to have friends like you who placed me on priority and make plans for me.

I ordered Cheese Karaage Pasta ($8.90).
For the price paid, the pasta tasted good, the fried chicken toppled with cheese was savoury and addictive. I have a soft spot for fried food, every bits of the ingredients were finished.

Everything was settled and just waiting for the time to come.

Bak Ku Teh for dinner with my folks. Since it was only 3 of us, mummy suggested to dine out. 

We ordered back the same food again - Spare Ribs Soup, Braised Pork Knuckle, Fried Beancurd Skin with Fish Paste, Chye Sim in Oyster Sauce and Fried Dough Stick. Total billing was $44.90 for 3 pax.

Saturday 10/11/18

Took a break from my intensive study to head out for chill out with friends and family today. Met up with my blogger friends for a tasting in the afternoon at Lim Spring Court.

I went for an afternoon tea break at Forty Hands.

It was my first visit to this cafe located at Yong Siak Street. The cafe is decorated in an eclectic style to reflect the neighbourly vibe, providing a comfy corners to enjoy with friends in a neighbourhood.

I have a cup of Chamomile Tea ($5.50). I can't wait for school holiday so that I don't need to think about the revision even when I'm outside. An hour of tea break before I head home, thanks Ivan for the drink.

Nearer to evening time, my family went up to my K's place for dinner. Most of my cousins already have their own residential properties. Took this opportunity to tour around K's new condo.

Mummy cooked beehoon and we tabao rojak and chicken wings over to my cousin's place for dinner. Lucky we prepared the food instead of dine out because it was raining so heavily that day until their basement carpark experienced flooding.

Sitting at the balcony and enjoying the view after the dinner.

Dessert after the dinner, I have Double Chocolate Jwel Ice Cream, it's been quite awhile since I last have Jwel Ice Cream.

Sunday 11/11/18
It was also JY's daughter, Quinn's 100 days celebration. The new addition to the family. They have booked a function room at one of their friends's condo. These 2 weekends were like a gathering week for us.

Her daughter is so cute and chubby.

My yummy lunch selection from the spread. Time to dig in.

Honeydew sago for dessert, I love this so much that I have 2 rounds during the time I was at the function room. Despite feeling well, I just couldn't resist it.

Friday 16/11/18

Counting down another week to my exam, my last week of intensive study and off I go for my holiday vacation right after.

I have Lean Bento for lunch. My selection comes with baked skinless honey chicken, scrambled eggs, high-fibre sesame bun, air-flown mesclun salad, air-fried sweet potato tots, homemade miso sauce.

We have an art jamming session in the afternoon where we just create a painting using brushes and colours. Art Jamming is a fresh new initiative that boosts creativity, nurture patience and foster interactions among participants. Each of us were given a Van Gogh and some brushes. My team of 8 will need to think of an image to draw and come together to form a big picture using our 8 Van Gogh.

My team has googled a photo of animals in a sunset scenery. In my Van Gogh, I was in charge of drawing the animals and the sun. Here's my drawing which I drew using pencil. The next step was to get the drawing coloured.


Work in progress.

My artwork after 1.5 hours of painting. Each of us in charge of different part of the painting and lastly come together to form a full picture.

My master piece.
I never knew we could create such a master piece when we first started painting this. Looking at it made us feel satisfied and prideful. I truly enjoyed myself in the entire process of painting, it just feel so relax and calm, a whole new experience. Of course, this couldn't be complete without teamwork. Team effort is very important in whatever things we do.

This was the masterpiece of another team which I liked very much. It was so colourful and the colour blended well together.


Tuesday 20/11/18

Today was my last working day, the next one week I will be taking leave for my exam and my overseas trip.

We rewarded ourselves to a good meal before I go on leave, we have our lunch at Nana Green Tea. Instead of the usual, I decided to try on Teriyaki Chicken set. I always eat until so full that could last me all the way till the night whenever I dine at Nana Green Tea.

I shall end my post here. Gonna prepare for my exam next Friday and immediately the next day I will be flying off. Stay tuned for my Ho Chi Minh's trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment