Thursday, February 28, 2019

Happenings in February - CNY Celebration + Atopalm Real Barrier Extreme Cream + Derek Fireside Chat & Screening

Sunday 17/2/19

I went to my uncle's place in the early evening at 5pm to celebrate my niece's, Verrie, first birthday. She ranked number 7 in her generation. Omg, I already have 7 nephews and nieces.

We were one of the first few to reach, hence we started dinner early to avoid the crowds.

My fourth lo hei. 
Instead of salmon, my uncle added abalone. We kept aiming for the abalone.

My cousin and cousin-in-law have prepared some cookies for the guests to take home. The cookies were so cute and delicious.

Tuesday 19/2/19

Today was Yuan Xiao Jie (元宵节) which was the last day of our lunar new year. I headed up to my uncle's house after work to have steamboat dinner together.

We managed to reach just in time for the steamboat.
We ended the Chinese New Year with another family reunion dinner. It's not easy for us to gather at the same table for a meal because of our different work schedule and CNY gave us a reason to do so.

We were also treated to our very own talented lion dance troupe lead by Aiden.
Throughout my time at the house, half of the time he was holding on to the lion's head.

Time to dig in. We have steamboat with grill, best of both world.
The meat was so much nicer when grill, it brought out the flavour.

Mummy bought chicken wings from hawker centre to add to the dishes. The chicken wings were fried to golden brown and very addictive. We ate until so full. After the dinner, we went to play with the kids. Aiden and Amber were so happy playing the balloon game we designed.

Wednesday 20/2/19

I met up with GF for dinner after our work, it's been more than a month since we last met. She recommended Flaming Don @ Bugis+. It was also my first time trying out this Japanese eatery. I am always searching for food eateries with good deals, I'm glad to find one that serves delicious food at price reasonable.

I have the Signature Flaming Chicken Don ($10.90+). Every piece of teriyaki chicken was savoury because of the sauce coated on it. 

I top up another $1.99+ to opt for free flow hot tea and soup.
It was my little dinner treat to GF for her belated birthday.

We did not stayed out too late as GF is flying to Hong Kong the next day and have to go home early for preparation. Have an enjoyable trip.

Thanks GF for the souvenirs from Japan and Hawaii. Above is some of the items in my goodies. Thanks for remembering me even when you are in overseas.

Thursday 21/2/19

It is my first time using ATOPALM Real Barrier’s product and I love it immediately. I have started including Real Barrier Extreme Cream into my skincare regime.

I applied it twice a day, a small amount is sufficient for the entire face. The cream is effective in providing long lasting moisture and repair damaged skin barrier.

The cream is rich in texture but does not feel greasy. I like it that it comes with a refreshing scent that give me a fresh feel after application. I noticed that my skin has become more suppled and hydrated, giving my skin a healthier glow with each passing day. The extreme cream is suitable for all skin types, even sensitive skin too.

Saturday 23/2/19

We don't usually cook dinner on Saturday, so we either eat out or tabao dinner back. Today mummy suggested to eat out at our new favourite zi char stall.

We always ordered the same few dishes with the exception of Prawn Paste Chicken which was our first time trying. The skin was fried till crispy good and crunchy.

I love the Curry Fish Head which comes with thick milky curry. We always ordered this without fail. I foresee this zi char stall will be a place we come back regularly for dinner.

Thursday 28/2/19

Meeting up with friends after work is always a joyful affair to me. I met up with Linda after work to attend Derek screening at SCAPE. During the screening, we have the opportunity to watch 3 episodes of DEREK- Code of Law Spin-Off which is showing on Toggle.

While watching the screening, we were treated to juice, hotdog bun, popcorn and ice cream. I gotten sea salt matcha flavour. The combination of salty matcha ice cream left a deep impression in the taste and I enjoyed it.

The cast, Desmond Tan and Cheryl Tan together with director Lee Thean-jeen were here with us for the intimate fireside chat and screening. 

Synopsis
Derek Ho, Singapore's first serial killer, has been sentenced to death. As he awaits his fate in prison, a team of top psychologists led by Dr Daniel De Silva is assembled to interview him. But Derek refuses to speak to any of them. Dr De Silva calls upon a young protégé of his, Dr Winnie Low, to help him break through to Derek.

Desmond Tan was sharing with us about his thoughts of the show.
The last scene left a deep impression in us because Desmond Tan bared his butts at one of the scenes.

We have another round of ice cream. This time round, I took hazelnut ice cream. 

A photo opportunity with Desmond Tan and Cheryl Tan. 
They are very friendly in person. Look forward to see more of their acting. I am going to continue watching this drama in Toggle, there are a total of 6 episodes.

After the screening has ended, Linda and I went to McDonald to continue our catch up. I enjoyed our time hanging out together, we have so much things to chat about that an hour has passed without us knowing. 

That's all for my February update.

No comments:

Post a Comment