Monday, February 11, 2019

Happenings in February - Chinese New Year 2019 + Marriott Cafe + Rolling Rice

Monday 4/2/19

Happy Chinese New Year (CNY) eve.
It's a 2.5 days work this week, I ended my work at about 1.20pm and was last second to leave office. I received a sudden request at 12pm and the request need to be complete by that day. Hence, I was held up a bit at work.

Happy year of Pig, we have reached the end of one zodiac cycle.
Time has past so terribly fast.

I headed home to rest before the start of our reunion dinner.
It's not easy to find dining places on CNY eve without price markup, so we prefer to cook and eat at home.

Hello Xin Ru, long time no see.
Still remember last CNY, she wasn't even born yet. 

Tuesday 5/2/19

Happy CNY to everyone.

I received e-ang bao from one of my cousins. I have to use DBS Paylah! app to scan the QR code and the ang bao will credit to my Paylah wallet.

We have Kueh Pie Tee to add on to our dinner spreadsheet tonight. I love eating just the shell, it was so crispy just like eating snacks.

This was our second year having buffet catering for dinner, it was extremely pricey to cater during CNY and the food selection was restricted. We catered for 30 pax and we even invited our neighbours for the dinner which I calculated was about 45 pax, we still couldn't finish the food. We decided to stop catering food next year and perhaps changed it to fastfood ordering.

Wednesday 6/2/19

I woke up by the sound of the lion dance troupe. As usual, my mum would welcome them into our house. My uncle's family came over to our house for dinner in the evening.

Our first round of steamboat during this CNY, it's our yearly tradition to have steamboat once a year.
CNY is the time to celebrate the festive, gather with family and loved ones. I went to eat in the first round.

Amber having her dinner in the living room.

The kids can went really crazy when they played. It was nice to be young where you just play your heart out with no worries.

Friday 8/2/19

We welcome the weekend with a hearty lunch at Marriott Cafe, it was also our tradition to have something good to celebrate CNY. My last visit to Marriott Cafe was 8 years ago with my ex colleagues.

Welcoming the twelfth of all zodiac animals, Piggy.
Their chubby faces are signs of fortune, may this year be a fortune year for me.

We specially requested for lo hei, it's a must have during CNY. Here were the items I took, I love the flavourful dish maw soup.

There were live station of either noodles or pasta, I opt for Aglio Olio. The Aglio Olio was a spicy one, the fire sensation slowly kicked in after gobble down the food.

Dessert is what I looked forward most during buffet time, I love the strawberry fondue and the different variety of ice cream. I have a sweet tooth.

Saturday 9/2/19

I met up with Linda in the afternoon to catch a movie at Suntec City. She went back to office to work in the morning and I was afraid she couldn't make it for the movie. Thank goodness, she arrived just in the nick of time for the movie.

After the movie ended at about 3pm, we went our way to Marina Square for to have late lunch. We initially wanted to go Just Acia but the place has already been closed, so we settled for Korean food instead.

We went Rolling Rice where their hot selling signatures were spicy topokki and baby rolls. The price we see in menu is the price we paid, net price. Rolling Rice offers free flow of water and sides which includes seaweed soup and kimchi.

I love weekend outing because we can heart to heart talk without time constraint.
We all have our own struggle, sometimes we feel better letting those sufferings out. Hope bad times will be over for us soon.

I ordered Crispy Chicken Roll at $5.90.
It looked delicious, but a little small though. It is something you can order if you are not looking for something filling.

The bite sized crispy chicken was wrapped in the baby rolls, coat it with mayonnaise or chilli sauce for extra flavour.

I received a bag filled with snacks from Linda. Thanks for the advance Valentine's Day gift, it made me feel loved. So lovely of her right?

Monday 11/2/19

Today is ren ri, the 7th day of the lunar new year. I have my third round of lo hei to celebrate this special occasion.

Lo Hei is a must have during ren ri, the day of creation of human beings.
My third lo hei, may this year really be a huat year for me.

It has been 3 years since my last bowling, we played 2 rounds of games. It was nice to play once in awhile though I am not really good at the game.

Sharing stops here for now, come back again for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment