Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Happenings in June - Gathering with Family and Friends

Saturday 1/6/19

Mummy found out about this Sum Kee Food Restaurant from my relative yesterday and she immediately wanted to try today.

Sum Kee Food Restaurant is a zi char restaurant located at Telok Blangah which offers air-con and al-fresco dinning. We went down to the restaurant without booking a reservation and the indoor was full house, so we have to sit outside instead.

We had Salted Egg Chicken, it was one of the best salted egg chicken that we tried before. The salted egg sauce was thick and full of flavours, making the chicken extra tasty.

We also ordered Curry Fish Head. We didn't enjoy this dish as much as the rest because the restaurant actually forgotten this order and the dish only came 20 minutes after the other dishes were served. Our rice were almost finished and we didn't feel the shiokness of drizzling the curry over our small portion of rice left.

Monday 3/6/19

I reached home around 11.30pm last night, so nice waking up to an off day. I dated KP out for lunch today because her birthday is coming.

We settled for Ajisen, something that KP didn't have for a long time. Our ramen set comes with a bowl of ramen, a drink and a side. I opt for Chicken Karaage for my side.


KP ordered Karaage Ramen. Hope you enjoyed the birthday meal.
Photo first before eating. 

As we grew it, each of us has our own commitments. Despite that, we still try to make an effort to meet up a few times a year to hang out for shopping and eating.

We ended our meetup with McDonald’s Purple Sweet Potato Waffle Cone at $2. At first bite, the sweet potato ice cream tasted a little weird, but after a few mouthful, I actually fell in love with the taste. A sweet dessert to have during humid weather.

Saturday 8/6/19

10 floor aunt came to our house and brought us lots of food for dinner. I ate a bit before I headed out for my early dinner. It's been a long time since I last went to a cafe, I made my first visit to Baristart Coffee situated at Tanjong Pagar.

Since I was not hungry, I decided to have something light for dinner.
I have Mixed Berries Waffle ($14.80+) which comes with strawberry, blueberry, sliced almond and milk soft serve. The waffle itself was flavourful with the combination of sweet and fruitiness.

Took a stroll at Gardens by the Bay and to see the light show. The Supertrees were dazzled with the light entertainment. Through the lighting effects, the quiet garden has come alive in the night.


Tuesday 11/6/19

Finally met up with my poly peers in full attendance after 1.5 years. I was caught up in my work, hence I was late for 15 minutes. Thankfully, I was not the latest. We had our dinner at Typhoon Cafe @ Plaza Singapura, a Taiwan cafe that brings the “Taste of Taiwan” to the heart of Singapore.

Grace and I had Fried Fish Crispy Noodles. To me, I find that paying $13.90++ for crispy noodles is overpriced as it is quite a common dish.

Mix the crispy noodles well with the gravy before eating. It was a simple and enjoyable dish, I love that the fried fish was in bite size, it remained soft and slightly crispy texture.

After our dinner, I had Green Milk Tea from Gong Cha at $2.90. It was a thirst quenching drink for us. I was a bit disappointed with the green milk tea as it tasted blend, it did not bring out the actual flavour of the tea.

It was a great catch up with the poly peers, time always passed fast when we enjoy it. Let's hope our next meet up will not be 1.5 years later.

Stay tuned for more updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment