Friday, September 11, 2020

Gong Cha's Starry FruiTea + Meryl's Birthday Celebration at Eventasty Noodle Bar Funan Mall

 I reserved my Friday night for Meryl's birthday celebration. I was worried that I might not be able to end work on time, hence I took half day off to play safe which proved to be a right move because I ended up finishing the work at 4pm. 

Just when I was about to leave house, it started raining heavily. It seemed like everyone I went Funan Mall for bubble tea, it will rain.

Since there were some buffer time before Jas arrived. We went over to Gong Cha for bubble tea.

Gong Cha just launched 2 new drinks, Starry Fruit Party and Milk Foam Starry Peach. I opt for the latter, Milk Foam Starry Peach ($4) because I prefer a milky version. The freshly brewed Gong Cha tea was blended with peach, passionfruit and mango to create a zesty taste which was refreshing and thirst quenching. The milk added richness and enriched the taste, giving it a creamy, satisfying and not too sweet finish. 

What makes this starry FruiTea special is the star-shaped jellies, it were so cute and made the drink even more addictive because I was trying to reach out to all the star jellies. 

The 3 of us went over to Eventasty 一碗田 Noodle Bar to meet Jas, thanks Jas for getting us the shopback deal where the set meal (drink, side and main) only cost $9.90.

Since I had cold drink earlier, I had hot Green Tea to go with my meal. Something to warm me up from the rainy weather.

For the main course, I opt for Sliced Chicken with Tomato Soup Base which strike a balance between the sweet and sour broth that made it so addictive. The broth was rich in flavour and comforting to have during rainy days.

I didn't realised that the main course will come with half a lava egg and I ordered lava egg for my side dish. 

Thanks Meryl for the group photo.
Now weekdays dinner with friends have become a great deal to me since I have to work till at least 8pm every working day. Today was exception because I applied a half day leave in order to make it on time meeting the girls. 

After the dinner, we walked over to Suntec City to find some place where we can chill out while GF headed back to office to settle some quick work issues.

GF got 2 muffins for Meryl.

Photo credits to Jas.

Happy birthday, Meryl. 
May the wish you make will come true.

It has been a great night talk with the girls. Hope to see you girls soon again.

No comments:

Post a Comment