Saturday, November 21, 2020

Happenings in October and November - Paddyfolks + Gocha Bar + Rebond Protein Beauty Review

Friday 2/10/20

Birthday celebration always give us the perfect reason to call for a meetup, this time round was to celebrate Tracy's belated birthday together with Meryl and GF. September had been a busy month for us, hence we only scheduled the meetup in October.

As usual, I took half day leave so that I can be on time, just in case I was being called for an impromptu discussion in the evening.

As the birthday girl wanted to try Paddyfolks, we fixed our dinner date at Paddyfolks @ Funan Mall.

Paddyfolks serves up a Japanese-Western Fusion bowl where they set on the flair of light cooking of Japanese cuisine and using sous-vide techniques common in Western dining. 

Our dinner were served. Meryl and Tracy opt for pasta while GF and I opt for rice bowl. The food looked really sumptuous and well-balanced, we can't wait to dig in. Tracy used her entertainer app which offer 1 for 1 promotion and our bill turned out to $.845 per pax.

I had Teriyaki Salmon Bowl where the salmon fillet had a sweet and savoury taste from the teriyaki sauce dressing, served alongside with Japanese white rice, greens, sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, onsen egg, nori flakes, tobiko and sesame seeds.

Thanks Tracy for the group photo and happy belated birthday to you.
We cherished every meetup because it's always a great bonding time and indulging in delicious food. Since there was queue waiting for the seats and the time was still early, we left Paddyfolks and went over to the next store for a drink.

We settled for Gocha Bar because there is 1 for 1 promotion from Entertainer App as well. Entertainer App has really helped us save money when we hang out. Meryl and I gotten Bubble Milk Tea at $1.50 each after the discount.

With Meryl.

Gocha Bar is a great hang out place with friends for a drink and engage our conversation in a garden theme setting. Happy times always passed so fast, it was time to bid good bye. Look forward to our next gathering.

Sunday 11/10/20
 
If you have damaged hair due to perm or colouring, mise en scene Rebond Protein is the solution for you. The products contain patented technology that strengthens hair from within with protein nutrients.

My hair has become weaker with every chemical session that I undergone yearly. Visiting hair salon for hair treatment regularly is quite a high maintenance in term of cost and time, so I really glad that to have the opportunity to try out mise en scene Rebond Protein 14 day trial kit at home which comes with shampoo and hair treatment. 

The protein shampoo comes with a pleasant scent that will leave subtle fragrance after washing your hair. After shampoo, I applied rebond treatment from tip of the hair and continue my shower, before washing the treatment off. 

After using it, I felt that my hair become soft and more manageable. The amount of hair fall has also reduced with the strengthening and moisturising of hair. Sometimes we just can’t afford the time to visit salon for hair treatment, we can pamper our hair with mise en scene Rebond Protein 14 day trial kit in the comfort of home, which is also more cost savings and achieve the same outcome. 

Thank you 0.8L for sending the kit over.

Sunday 18/10/20

As much as possible, I try to avoid drinking tea at night because I am afraid of insomnia especially lately where I can’t sleep well due to anxiety. One way to get a better night of sleep is to drink a cup of Good Night Tea before going to bed. 

Dr Carey Tea has introduced Good Night Tea to provide consumers with high-quality sleep, and keep us in good health. I like that the tea is caffeine free and pesticide free, rich in minerals and polyphenols. The raw materials of the tea are extracted from wild plants growing in the primeval forests near the equator. They are then vacuum and airlifted to Singapore. 

Tea has slowly become part and parcel of my life since working from home. Good Night Tea is a new addition to be incorporated to my daily life. I normally have it an hour after dinner and drink it slowly. Not only does it help to wash away the greasiness of the food, it helps to bring my mind into relaxation mode. My body is also at ease because I will be taking a break from whatever I am doing, just relax, enjoy the drink and the moment. 

After a long day at work, time to retire to bed after a warm cup of Good Night Tea that has already put your mind and body in relaxation state.

For more information about Good Night Tea, please visit their website.


Saturday 21/11/20

Jurassic World Cafe has arrived in Singapore, time to immerse and get close up with the dinosaurs at pop up themed cafe located at Ion Sky.

The experience of Jurassic World began when we took the lift from level 4 to 55. The lift was decorated with poster of the dinosaur.

Checking out the view of Orchard from level 55. It was raining the entire day and some of the views were obstructed by fog. Though raining, Ion Sky is a nice place to chill while indulging with food and admiring the bird's eye view of Singapore from level 55.

Lego dinosaur spotted.
I felt that the decoration was too little for a themed cafe and the theme was not incorporated into the food presentation as well.

Each table was given 1.5 hours slot to have the meal from 3pm to 4.30pm. We were just here for dessert so the timing was fine for us.

I was having Lava Flow ($16+). It looked like a volcano located on a piece of chocolate soil. The chocolate lava will flowed out with we cut the lava cake opened.

We just chill until the time was up and made our way to the second destination, Resort World Sentosa.
After settling with the errand, Ramen Dining Keisuke Tokyo stopped me in track because I was craving for ramen for a long time.

I was super thirsty by the time I settled down, so I immediately ordered a glass of Ice Green Tea ($3.50++) to ease the thirst. The Ice Green Tea made a great thirst quencher.

I had Lobster Broth Ramen with Wanton ($15.90++).
The soup boosted a rich lobster broth that was flavourful to have during a rainy weather and the ramen was very smooth. I slurped down the bowl nosily and happily.

Rainy day just made me want to stay home, time to head home after the dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment