Sunday, April 25, 2021

Happenings in April - Ya Kun Family Cafe + Cafe De Muse + Hectic Month

Saturday 3/4/21

It has been awhile since I last had brunch. To satisfy my cravings, I had Ultimate Big Breakfast ($21++) which comes with scrambled eggs, pork Bratwurst, bacon, baked beans, roasted tomatoes, sautéed mushrooms, hashbrown, multigrain toast and greens.

Saturday 10/4/21
It has been more than 10 years since I last visited West Coast Park so I revisited this park since I'm already at the west side of Singapore. Took a stroll here to digest the food intake. 

We takeaway CHICHA San Chen to indulge over at the park and replenish our water intake. This was my first time trying CHICHA San Chen and I had the classic bubble milk tea.

We did not spend much time to explore the park because the park was quite small as compared to east coast park, and not much of a nice scenery too.

Wednesday 21/4/21

Finally the day is here after 3 months of preparation. We woke up at 5 plus in the morning to get ourselves ready and headed to the destination at 6am.

After settling the procedure at 8am, the three of us went to Ya Kun Family Cafe for breakfast. I had Kaya Butter Toast, soft boiled egg and milo. Really missed the traditional breakfast that I used to have when I was young, my parent will bring us to the hawker centre or coffeeshop on every Sunday morning for this breakfast.

Saturday 24/4/21

It has been hectic the past few days. I gave myself a break in the afternoon for a laser treatment at IDS and tea break with my friend at Cafe De Muse @ Shaw House. Decided to choose this place because it was located right before International Building, a convenient location after I finished the treatment.

It was nearing 5pm and we don't want to have something too full, so we had small bites set for sharing. We choose Hawaiian Mini Pizza and Truffle Fries ($17++). The portion was just nice without feeling too full for dinner.

I had Cookies & Cream Frappe ($7++), anything with Cookies & Cream will be on my choice without consideration. The frappe was served in a unique cup instead of the usual see through glass.

Rushed over for family appointment after the short break.

Sunday 25/4/21

As usual, my mum and I went out at 7.30am today. We wanted to have our breakfast at Ya Kun initially, but it was not opened so we settled for Kopitiam.

I had the same set of breakfast but at a cheaper price. However, the toast definitely cannot compare to the one at Ya Kun. 

Mum has sandwich instead but she wasn't feeling full, so I suggested to get Pan Fried Pork Dumpling. The pork dumpling was served piping hot and tasted so delicious.

We reached home at nearly noon and had a little rest before heading out again to visit my grandma.

The view from level 11 of Outram Community Hospital.
Glad that grandma was feeling all right but she still need to be observed for a few more days.

Things will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment