Monday, May 20, 2019

Johor Bahru 2D1N: Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru

Sunday 19/5/19

I was looking forward to this getaway because I need a break from the bustle city and personal space for a breather. However, my trip did not turn up to be ideal as I was sick and I could not enjoy my trip to the fullest.

I met up with Linda at our usual timing at Woodlands Bus Intercharge, it was a long weekend this week, the checkpoint was packed with people. We reached City Square at about 1.30pm. Since I was feeling unwell, we decided to have something light for lunch. I recommended Tea Garden which is located at level 6.

I had Crispy Noodle in Egg Gravy at RM12.80 (or S$4.24). I The noodle was crispy at the top and soggy at the bottom as the noodles were soaked into the rich gravy. Not sure if it was too flavourful or I was too hungry, I cleared every bits of it in minutes.

After the lunch and window shopping, we made our way to our hotel which is just directly across the street from City Square. 

Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru by Compass Hospitality
16, Jalan Station, Bandar Johor Bahru, 80000 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia


I have stayed at this hotel in Bangkok and I wanted to give it a try at the one in JB. Citrus Hotel JB is a 4 stars hotel, the main reason for choosing this hotel is the excellent accessibility and valuable pricing.

Our room was located at level 5.  
Let's proceed for a room tour.

I initially booked a Standard Room with 2 single beds. However, the room was unavailable and we were given an upgrade to Standard Plus Room with a queen bed instead.

The room was pretty all right, just that the furniture were a little old and some parts of the room was not properly cleaned up.

I like that the bathing area was partitioned and separated from the toilet, so that the floor will not be all wet when we stepped out.

We took half an hour break in the hotel before we head out again. It was so nice to just relax in the hotel. We walked over to JB Sentral to take a bus down to KSL City.

We were the first two passengers to board the bus. The ticket price was RM1.50. Time really flies fast, it was already nearly 3.45pm when we boarded the bus. We wasted no time and conquered all the shops that we wanted to visit.

My loots from Tesco:

Got this big pack of Curlys Curry BBQ which at RM3.19 (or S$1.06).

Got this Lightening Feminine Hygiene Wash at RM7.90 (or S$2.62). I have been a user of feminine wash ever since I was introduced to it. It gently cleanses intimate areas, maintain a sensible pH balance for all-day freshness and comfort.

We have been fighting our own battles for the longest time and we yearned for a recharge. So here we were at JB for our getaway. 

We chanced upon this claw machine shop with pinky backdrops  and LINE Friends characters, it looked so attractive that it ignited the child within us and we found ourselves stepping into the shops for a photo.

We stopped by the Eureka vending machine to purchase a can of popcorn, I got Dark Chocolate Popcorn at RM8 (or S$2.65). The reason why we purchased at the vending machine was because certain flavours were out of stock at City Square.

The time was about 6.20pm and we took a dessert break at Blackball Dessert House. Both of us ordered Melon Jade Jelly at RM9 (or S$2.98) each. It was a cooling and refreshing dessert to have after 2 hours of walking, a delightful end to round up our trip in KSL.

We took the bus back to JB Sentral at 7.10pm and began shopping at Komtar JBCC. We walked around until 8.20pm and began sourcing for food to buy back and munch in hotel. 
We settled for Pizza Hut. The waiting time was so long and we waited for half an hour. We went back to the hotel shortly after getting our dinner. I was feeling hungry and lethargic due to my flu, it really ruined my mood. 

We were back in hotel at 9.30pm and here's my dinner. I was so hungry that I immediately start eating the minute we were back. We ordered Wow Combo 2 which consists of a regular Hawaiian Chicken Pizza (not available in Singapore) and 2 Cream of Mushroom Soup. Guess what?
This combo only cost RM15 (or S$4.97). With this price, I could only get a personal pizza in Singapore. It's a steal.

The Cream of Mushroom tasted delicious and paired well with the pizza. We were watching Channel U's show while having our late dinner. 

Time to just laze around in our room.


Monday 20/5/19

Good morning, it was 9.30am and we already got ourselves prepared to start our day as we intended to check out the hotel at 10am.

This was the most photo-worthy spot of our room, it looked pretty good except for the old furniture. But still, this hotel gave us the best access as it is just a stone away from the shopping mall and eateries.

This trip may not be the most enjoyable trip for us due to my illness, we still managed to achieve the things we want. We foresee another trip in again soon.

One last photo before we checked out our room at 9.50am. 

We decided not to waste any moment away and we left for City Square to purchase 'Avengers: Endgame' movie ticket for 11am show. The movie ticket was RM17 (or S$5.63). The queue was so long that by the time we purchased the tickets and Eureka popcorn, the time was already 10.30am and we were left with less than half an hour to source for breakfast. I got a bread from Season for my breakfast.

After the devastating incidents, half of the life in the universe were gone. The remaining Avengers work together to reverse Thanos' actions and restore order to the universe. During the battle, the Avengers are prepared to sacrifice themselves for the final fight with Thanos. 

After overpowering the heroes, Thanos seizes the gauntlet, but Iron Man got the Stones back and uses them to disintegrate Thanos and his army, at the cost of his life. Following Tony Stark's funeral, Captain America returns the Infinity Stones back to their original places in time. He remains in the past to live with Peggy Carter and live till old age.

***

It was a really long movie, it was 3 hours long. By the time we finished the movie, it was already 2.15pm. We didn't want to go back home late, hence we just grab something fast for lunch.

I got a Kaya Waffle from Daily Fresh at RM4.10 (or S$1.36). The Kaya Waffle was savoury and sweet.

We left JB at 3.15pm and the queue at the checkpoint was madness. We almost couldn't squeeze in. Thankfully we got the correct line and managed to clear it fast. We reached Woodlands Checkpoint in an hour.

This marks the end of my JB staycation. I need a speedy recovery and I will be back to JB again to fulfill my makan journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment