Saturday, August 31, 2019

Granny's 80th Birthday at Golden Spoon Seafood Restaurant

This year is Granny's 80th birthday. We were so happy that she was able to attend this birthday celebration and she is recovering well since her discharge from hospital last week. This year celebration was held at Golden Spoon Seafood Restaurant, a place that we are trying for the first time. 

I made my own way to the restaurant right after I finished Skechers Friendship Walk 2019. I reached the restaurant as nearly 7.30pm because there was road block at Chinatown due to lantern festival light up and I have to go by another route to the venue.


By the time I reached, they were already having the second dish. Thankfully my family have saved the food for me.

The third dish was Bee Hoon, something filling for us.

Next was Fish Maw Soup. 

My favourite Salted Egg Prawn. The crunchy prawns coated with salted egg yolk were fried till golden brown, the dish has win the heart of mine.

Steamed Fish in HK Style.
I liked that the meat of the fish was sweet and tender, the down side was that it has many fine bones, so must be careful when consumed.

More dishes were added to our table - Broccoli with Mushroom, Coffee Pork Rib and Chilli Crab with Mantou. We were already full after we finished these lot of food.

Bro has a very stunned looking face after the waiter served another plate of Black Pepper Crab to our table. We took a little break and walked around to chit chat and digest the food before coming back for this black pepper crab.

The VIP aka the elder's table. 

Little Xin Ru helping to clean the chair with her wet tissue. She must be a greater helper at home too.

The last dish was Teochew O-ni Gingko Nut which wasn't something I fancy. I'm not a fan of O-ni.

Vivien sis has ordered this 2 tier agar agar birthday jelly cake specially for granny. The jelly looked too cute to be eaten. This birthday cake is suitable for the elderly who doesn't like the traditional sweet dessert cake.

Happy birthday, Granny. 
May you stay strong and healthy, and many more years to come.

You might be wondering why my post title indicated 80th birthday but the candles indicated 81th instead.That is because 81th is granny's chinese age.

Four generation celebrating granny's birthday together. More and more kiddos joining our big family.

Amber and Aiden looking so fascinated with granny cutting the cake.
May all your wishes come true.

Here's how the agar agar jelly cake looked on the inside. 

Family dinner has always been a sumptuous one, this one is not an exception. We enjoyed having good food and gather over a meal. I supposed the next gathering will be Chinese New Year, see you guys till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment