Friday, August 23, 2019

Happenings in August - Journey With Ryo + Birthday Celebration + The Bicentennial Experience

Saturday 3/8/19

Hello August. I started the weekend with an eventful day.

First stop was to Ion Orchard for Journey With Ryo: The Official Launch. I was there together with GF and Jane.

Ryo is Korea’s No. 1 Herbal Hair Care brand which offers a perfect solution to healthy scalp and hair. They have lined up some fun with exciting activities for us to embark on the journey with Ryo.


We started off with tea appreciation at Tea Lounge where I tried on Camellia Ceylon Tea. It has an uplifting citrus and magnolia scent. 


Apart from that, there were booths for Scent Bar and Complimentary Scalp Check. From the scalp check, I discovered that I have an oily scalp where the sebum clogged up my hair follicles, which can lead to hair loss and hair thinning.

Thanks Ryo for the shampoo and customized trial kit based on our scalp check, I was given the deep cleansing trial kit. I will do a detailed review after using the shampoo.

After the event, I headed over to HarbourFront for late lunch with GF at KFC before heading for Sentosa GrillFest.

Sunday 4/8/19

I began my morning at 9.30am with the girls and Kelvin at Community Chest Heartstrings Carnival whihc was held at Marina Bay Sands Event Plaza.

A group photo with the girls. Thanks GF for the photo and bringing us along. I love this bunch of friends because they are always so spontaneous. 

Tracy was playing the carnival games to score the stamps in order to be entitled to lucky draw. 
Thanks Tracy for the belated birthday gift, I like it very much.

That's me riding on a Harley-Davidson's motorcycle. How do I look riding a bike?

Right after the event ended at about 10 plus, I went home to drop my barang barang before heading out to meet KP for lunch. After hunting around, we decided to settle back at Ajisen Ramen. 

Our side dishes for sharing - I chose White Fish while KP chose Gyoza. Indulging in crispy fried food while waiting for our ramen.

I love having ramen because of their fragrant soup base. This ramen comes with a scoop of chilli paste, so mix well before enjoying the full flavour of the soup.

Thanks KP for the yummy birthday treat.

Nothing beats having ice cream during humid weather. I treated KP to the newly launched Macha Ice Cream Cone at McDonald. I like that the ice cream was not too sweet and has a bitter sweet taste.

Thursday 8/8/19

I finally visited From Singapore to Singaporean: The Bicentennial Experience on National Day Eve. The event was held at Fort Canning Centre, it brings to life Singapore’s momentous evolution from 1299, shaped by wider regional and global shifts, celebrating our 200th anniversary. 

We experienced first-hand the sights, sounds and drama of formative events throughout our evolution. It was very interesting to see that the water can flow back up.

We were brought to a room with a recap of scenes from previous Acts, journey through the story of how our nation emerged through the contribution of ordinary people. Some of the memorable stories happened during rain and storm. The finale was ended with a rain which explained why I was holding an umbrella, this symbolised how Singapore struggled through the darkest storm to become who she is today.

Sunday 18/8/19

Today was really a terrifying day for me. 
My grandma fell down while bathing and we only discovered it half an hour later. By the time we discovered her, she was already unable to talk, having confusion and weakness on entire body. As we noticed there was stroke symptoms, we immediately called for ambulance. Lucky, my aunt family were at my house too.

After being sent to Singapore General Hospital (SGH), my grandma was diagnosed with stroke but it was discovered early and managed to treat it in time. She has to stay in hospital for observation.

Monday 19/8/19

Visit my grandma at Blk 7. When doing our registration, I saw my cousin and his wife who just came down. I only went up for 10 minutes because I received a sms that there was visitors waiting at level 1. SGH only allowed 4 visitors per patient during visiting hours. My uncle's family were waiting for us at the gantry area.

Grandma still looked weak and can't speak that well, but definitely better than yesterday.

We didn't went home after that, we waited for them until the visiting hours were over and went to Kopitiam for catching up session.

Tuesday 20/8/19

I didn't visit grandma today because another group of relatives will be heading over, hence we took turns to visit.

I did my home manicure using Sally Hansen Miracle Gel last week. I really love their miracle gel because the colour was very lasting and easy to apply with their wider brush.

GF got me Kuan Im Pearl Whitening Anti-Acne and Blemish Freckle Cream from her Bangkok trip last year and finally I have started using it.

This cream is a highly concentrated night-time formula created specifically to lighten freckles on our skin, to apply this on freckles area. Hope this can help to lighten my freckles and pigmentation.

Wednesday 21/8/19

I visited grandma straight from work and saw my 叔叔 was already there. Grandma's health was better than the condition on Monday.

Grandma was having her dinner, the food served was pretty healthy and nutritious. 

Shortly after I arrived, my parent came, followed by my Uncle and Aunt. Since the ward cannot accommodate so many of us. I went to Kopitiam with my parents for dinner.

All 3 of us have Minced Meat Noodle.
We then stayed up until visiting hour was over, so happy that she will be able to discharge on Saturday. 

I have come to the end of my happenings in August. Stay tuned for the next entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment