Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Happenings in July - MASA by Black Society + Tittle Tattle

Saturday 17/7/21

I have not watch a movie in cinema for at least 1.5 years. So when Marvel Studio released their latest movie, Black Widow. I know it's time to visit the cinema again.

As the time was still early to enter the theatre, we went to Gold Class Lounge to relax. The comfortable seating has made the lounge so relaxing to chill.

Black Widow's movie brought us back to Natasha Romanoff's past on how she grew up becoming the agent for the Red Room. She discovered the dangerous conspiracy of the Red Room and joint force with her long lost family to bring down the evil force.

Duration: 2 hours 13 minutes
My rating: 3/5

It was about 7pm when the movie ended, so we decided to have dinner in the mall at Great World City.

After one round of walking and elimination of restaurants with queue, we settled for MASA by Black Society. MASA is a Cantonese slang for the word Master, referring to master of the underworld triads - Black Society 黑社会.

Their trendy mix drinks offer a mixture of tradition meets modern element. I had a glass of Soya Cendol, it only contained mild sweetness from the pandan jelly.

Curly Fries were my favourite type of fries, it arrived piping hot and did not turned soggy even after we had it after awhile. Super addictive that I couldn't stop eating until the last piece.

The Mango Prawn Roll was fried till perfection in golden brown, juicy on the inside and crunchy on the outside.

The Chilli Crab Tart was not really to my liking. The chilli crab paste was too spicy for me and tasted a little weird. But one thing I like was the buttery tart base that will melt in my mouth. Maybe next time can try their egg tart instead.

Pan Fried Carrot Cake with XO Sauce which was super nice. The carrot cake was served in a cube size with a bit of spiciness and eggy exterior. Pair it with the dark sauce for extra savoury.

Sunday 18/7/21

Sunday is normally a stay home day for me to enjoy my "me" time or to catch up on my work.

I ordered zi char via Grab Food delivery that evening. I have been subscribing to Grab Food monthly package as I have been a loyal users ever since working from home. We love the delicious dishes from this zi char stall and their price is reasonable as compared to their competitors (they tend to markup their price when order via Grab Food).

Tuesday 20/7/21

It's Hari Raya Haji. I initially did not have the intention to go out, but after hearing the news that the return of Phase 2 (Heightened Alert) is coming in 2 more days. I decided to last minute jio my friend, J, who is available to dine out for the last time before one month of no dining in kicks in.

The first place that crossed my mind (avoiding the malls and crowded places) was Tittle Tattle, a cafe bistro bar decked with 1980s furishing, located at Selegie Road right at Ibis Hotel.

I had Bravo Cado ($6.90+) which consists of avocado and milk. The drink tasted a little bland compared to the usual avocado milkshake that I had at food centre.

The Popcorn Chicken ($12+) is one of their recommendations, this was my favourite among the dishes ordered. The popcorn chicken arrived piping hot, there was a crunch in each bite with the meat remained tender and soft. It was flavourful to eat on its own or dip with chilli sauce. It turned out to be very addictive. I like that it did not turn soggy even we left it on the table for a long time.

We ordered Shiok Shiok Chicken Pizza. The thin crust pizza came in a rectangular shape with generous toppings consisting of diced chicken, sliced chilli, spicy sauce and mozzarella cheese. The sliced chilli and spicy sauce definitely spiced up our appetite, not too hot to burn our throat but enough blast to have me drinking for my drink.

We ended the dinner with Dinosaur Waffle ($13+). The Belgian waffle was accompanied with milo powder, milo nugget and condensed milk. You can choose your ice cream flavour and I opt for coconut ice cream. The milo nugget brought back nostalgia sense of my Primary School snack, it paired well with the dessert by adding a crispy crunch to the soft waffle.

No comments:

Post a Comment