Saturday, August 14, 2021

Birthday Celebration 2021: Chateraise + Pasta e Formaggio + Mitsuba

Friday 30/7/21

Happy birthday to myself. Another year older, another year wiser. This year, I learn to treat myself better and take care of my family members more. I am far from perfect but I am learning to become a better person.

July used to be a joyful month where I get to catch up with friends to gather for my birthday. Due to the return of Phase 2 (Heightened Alert), this year was a quiet one for me where I just spent the day at home like any other days, felt a little restless from the vaccination shot last night.

Saturday 31/7/21

I received sweet surprises today.

KP dropped by my home in the late afternoon with a cup of bubble milk tea from PlayMade while Sis V got me cake and pastry from Chateraise knowing that it was my birthday yesterday. Thanks Sis for the lovely treats.

Friday 13/8/21

My birthday may be over but celebration did not stop in July.

It's good to have our vaccination early because we get to enjoy the privilege of dining out. I was fully vaccinated with the effect from yesterday and dedicated the first dining out for dinner with the girls.

We had our dinner at Pasta e Formaggio, an Italian place situated in Central Business District (CBD) of Singapore at Royal Group Building. They are known for their thin crust pizza, risotto and pasta. Being in the CBD, it is quieter in the evening, hence the restaurant only operate until 8pm.

We ordered a plate of Potato Wedges to share among three of us. The wedges arrived piping hot and tasted delicious when dipped with the chilli sauce. 

All three of us ordered pasta. I had Aglio Olio with the add on of Chicken and Sausage.
The plate comes with a generous portion of serving and the price was reasonable. A nice price for Italian food. The aglio olio was packed with spicy kick that got my tongue feeling numb when I was left with few mouthful.

I have not seen the girls for at least half a year, it was really nice to catch up with the girls. Thanks Tracy and GF for the presents. Tracy got $20 Eatigo vouchers which we used for the dinner and the bill came up to only $11.50 per pax. 

Saturday 14/8/21

So happy to be meeting up with friends two days in a row to have belated birthday celebration. It was so nice to be able to dine out after a month. As it was raining, we decided to have dinner in a mall at The Central @ Clarke Quay.

We were lucky to secure a slot just half an hour before the opening of Mitsuba Japanese Restaurant, a Japanese buffet restaurant serving authentic Japanese cuisine.

Having a cup of Green Tea while waiting for our dishes to be served.

Here were our picks, didn't order much because I was full after second round - Sashimi, Ebi, Gyoza, Takoyaki, Salmon Sushi, Smoked Duck, Fries, Salmon and Chicken Cutlet.

The best dish of all in my opinion was the Scallop, which was juicy and fresh. The sauce coated was delectable, sending a wave of satisfaction when consume. Thanks J for the dinner and presents.

That's all for my birthday update.

No comments:

Post a Comment