Monday, October 18, 2021

Places to Dine at CHIJMES

CHIJMES is a gothic-style 19th century church located in the heart of Singapore. This Singapore Icon houses plenty of restaurants, cafes and bars within the block that will make you spoilt for choices. You can even hop around one place to another. It took me so long to discover this perfect place for a meal or drink with friends or colleagues. Here is the list I have tried:

1. Hakata Ikkousha Ramen (#F1-07)

Hakata Ikkousha Ramen is originated from Hakata-ku, Fukuoka, and Tonkotsu ramen is their specialty. The pig bones were boiled over long period of time to create the thick and creamy texture of Tonkotsu soup.

It is a small eatery that can house less than 20 pax with the current safe distancing. We were lucky to get a seat immediately. Perhaps because it was a weekday, I don't think will have such luck on weekend.

I had Tonkotsu Standard with egg added. I have been craving for ramen for awhile as I missed the comfort tonkotsu broth and the springy noodles. Nothing beats a bowl of ramen for lunch.

Gyoza is a must order whenever I had ramen, so I chose Hakata Specialty Hitokuchi Gyoza. The gyoza was enclosed with generous portion of meat.

2. Hvala (#01-04/05)
Situated along the same stretch as Hakata Ikkousha Ramen, Hvala is a modern teahouse that specializes in Japanese teas and matcha dessert, a great place to gather after your meal for tea and dessert lovers.

I had Yuki Matcha Latte where silky shot of freshly-whisked matcha was layered onto fresh milk. Give it a good stir before drinking. It was one of the best matcha latte that I had where the sweetness was just right and very smooth.

3. Konjiki Hototogisu (#01-17)

Tokyo Michelin Star Bib Gourmand, Konjiki Hototogisu, won the crown of “No.1 Ramen in Japan” with their premium ingredients. Visited during weekdays lunch hour which explained the lesser crowds.

I had Tokotsu Original Ramen where the broth was light and flavourful, while the ramen was silky and smooth when soaked up with the broth.

Apart from ramen, we also had Ice Hoji Tea, Fried Tofu with Bonito Flakes and Gyoza. I love the big cube of fried tofu that has thin crispy exterior drizzled with sauce and topped with bonito flakes. It was savoury good.

**

No comments:

Post a Comment