Saturday, October 23, 2021

Places to Dine near Labrador Park

Labrador Park is located at the southern part of Singapore which is home to many office buildings, residential areas and nature reserve. It is also home to many restaurants, bistros and cafes that make a good spot for office workers and residents to relax for a great meal during lunch or after a tired day at work. I have compiled a list of dining places near Labrador Park that you can try the next time you visit.

1. Ichiban Sushi

Drizzling day made me want to seek refugee in a mall but must be somewhere less crowded, so we went to Alexandra Retail Centre. It was a small mall with just a couple of eateries and restaurants that we can pick on. Ichiban Sushi caught our attention and we got a seat immediately.

Ichiban Sushi offers a wide range of combination set meals at affordable prices (less than $20++). I opt for the Chicken with Garlic Sauce set that comes with tofu and sashimi. Definitely a comfort and hearty lunch.

460 Alexandra Rd, #02-22 Alexandra Retail Centre, Singapore 119963
Operating hours: 11.30am to 10pm from Mon to Fri, 11am to 10pm on Sat and Sun

2. SBCD Korean Tofu House

SBCD Korean Tofu House is known for their delectable traditional Korean soft tofu stew that is hand-made fresh daily using imported soybeans from Paju, South Korea.

SBCD wasn't high on my list for Korean restaurants to try out initially, but this visit has made me change my mind because the food here was really delicious and authentic.

Wanted to try both their tofu soup and hot plate, I went for the combo meal which gave me the best of both world. SBCD has a long list of variety just for Korean tofu soup, aka Soontofu (means soft tofu). I opt for Dumpling Soontofu. Just a note that the combo meal came with mini bowl, not the original size.

The Soontofu was served piping hot with fresh cracked egg in it. The first time I did was to break the egg yolk and let it blend into the soup. Even though I opt for mild spicy level, the broth was spicy enough to make me feel the burn after consuming. The tofu and dumpling had soaked up the flavour of the broth that immediately whet up my appetite.

I had Deep Fried Chicken with Orange Sauce for hot plate which featured a sweet sauce and balanced the spiciness of the soup. A full and satisfying lunch.

The rice was served in traditional Korean hot stone bowl. 
Since we don't intend to travel to Korea via VTL, the trip to SBCD definitely satisfied my cravings for Korean cuisine.

460 Alexandra Rd, #02-21 Alexandra Retail Centre, Singapore 119963
Operating hours: 11.30am to 3pm, 5pm to 10pm from Mon to Fri, 11.30am to 10pm on Sat and Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment